Sign in to follow this  

Download problems: ARIANE 737-300 Analog panel

At this point, is it worth it for people to come in and say "I told you so"?Let the victims of this issue set the example.... Their words alone should raise the questions in people's minds that should be answered before they risk paying for this product. I'm afraid the important meaning of the way these customers have been treated will be lost if this becomes another opportunity to bash p/t, or link Ariane to p/t. Let's just assume for the sake of argument that one has nothing to do with the other.With that assumption in mind, does Ariane sound like it is delivering the customer service typical of a high quality provider like Dreamfleet or Flight 1, or does the customer service sound similar to p/t? All I can say is the only two payware vendors I've purchased from are Dreamfleet and Flight1. There may be other good ones, but I've certainly avoided the bad ones. I think I know what league I'd put Ariane in at this point. I also rarely respect sites that throw out product release dates with no product. Dreamfleet and Flight1 were without fault in the way they released their products. But why in the heck can't Ariane release a package in multiple liveries? And is the difference between a 737-300 and a 737-400 so great that they can't be released at the same time?I am happy that some were able to d/l and enjoy Ariane's new product. We should hold the moral high ground and not hold ill will against those that have--let's enjoy their screenshots and companionship. But I do think others should feel warned and make their decisions accordingly....-John

That's very intersting but it offers nothing new. What is the document to which the signature is affixed? To what degree has anyone determined the authenticity of either the document or the signature? How was the documentation obtained and from what source(s)? I'm far from a Ariane/PT fan as some of you know, but these are the types of questions that MUST be answered. Anything less is just pouring more kerosene on an old, smoldering file.Trip

Okay, I have seen a couple of people complain about Ariane's web purchase set-up, a couple more about the the product itself and a whole bunch of Anti-PT folks! But, I have also seen a few people rant and rave about the quality of aircraft.I don't have any desire to promote or denounce Ariane as a company nor any of their products. I just think it would be fair to hear from people who had a good experience with them. Those who like the products, and had no problems with the downloads.I am perfectly aware of PT and some of his shananigans, but is Ariane delivering what they promise to the majority of it's customers? There will always be horror stories, but we tend not to hear from the satisfied customers.I wonder how many people are totaly satisfied with their Ariane purchases. Pete S.

I agree with your comment on the "document" although if you refer back to the thread on "Flightsimnetwork" you will find that Simon has confirmed to his own satisfaction (after posting a similar post to yours above) that PT is Ariane.I have e-mailed the evidence to Nels as you suggested over there so he can also confirm it. The only reason I have not posted the phone numbers for the serviced office that Ariane / Mr Tishma work from is to prevent them getting 400 calls asking if Peter Tishma works (or rather is) Ariane. I am hoping that perhaps if Nels, Simon & Tom confirm it to their own satisfaction that will be the end of it !!

Guest Scoobe

I am satisfied so far with my purchases from Ariane. I bought their non-gmax 737-300 over a year ago and then bought the new gmax 737-400 a few days ago and this morning purchased the panel also. I had no problems downloading or installing anything. I have not spent much time with the panel yet, so I can not comment much about it. The plane is spectacular. I have also heard a lot of the horror stories and they all sound like Ariane needs a lot of help in customer service tactics, but then again so do a few others ive purchased from. Rob

Guest Toni Rauch

I have personally seen the document and I confirm it is definately Peter Tishma's signature.The name of the other party to the contract has been masked out for legal reasons. I've also seen other very similar contracts with other parties, again signed By Tishma on behalf of Ariane Studios/Corporate Worldwide Limited, and I have his signature on another document in my possession which of course is identical.Furthermore, others have verified the location and telephone numbers of Ariane and Tishma's presence there. What more proof do you want? "Adding fuel to an old fire..."? I don't think so.Toni.

At exactly 56 Kb/s it would take 47.62 minutes to download. 16 megs in 15 minutes is 18 KB/s. Not exactly fast, but definitely not dialup speed. ;-)Matt

Hi everyone,What I have seen in response to my earlier postings is extremely interesting.First of all thanks to all who have supported me in this effort to expose these problems. In particular all those folks who have kindly offered to download the package on my behalf. Thanks U from Germany, C H L from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (in particular that you were so kind to offer to copy me your own version of that panel). Also to B from Tucson, Arizona who has sent me encouraging notes privately on how to deal with people who rip unsuspecting customers off! Interesting tactics, but I think I will rather not go that far! The advice I got from C from Hemel Hempstead in the UK is possibly the advice that is most appropriate, since we are dealing with a UK company who I understand, in a previous guise, was involved in various shenanigans. Thanks C, It is comforting to know that a solicitor is prepared to make waves on my behalf!Can anyone confirm that Ariane is that outfit that a few years ago rattled the cage of the flight sim community with the American Airlines aircraft repaint debacle! If this is indeed the case, I am not surprised at the treatment I have received, in particular the deafening silence, once I approached them with the unfairness of their repugnant practises.Quite clear we are dealing with an amateur outfit. I will in future stay clear of them... After all there are reputable Flightsim developers like Dreamfleet and Flight1. I have purchased several ofv their products, and have NEVER had any problems whatsoever! They are honourable in their buisiness practises.Also, those freeware groups, in particular POSKY and PROJECT AIRBUS, who have delivered QUALITY extras to the flight sim community. The recently released POSKY BOMBARDIER CRJ-200 is any day as good as some of the payware aircraft you get.

Looking at the screen shots, I think you have had a lucky escape (assuming worldpay have refunded you) in so much as since when have Boeing used Cyrillic text on gauges ? Take a look for your self doubters out there !George

I have contacted the company that processed the credit card transaction...they referred me to their website where it was explicitly stated that they cannot be held resposible or liable to refund any money paid in pursuance to the non delivery of a product ordered. They stated that refunds must be at the behest of the comapny who the product was purchased from. This makes things rather complicated if one deals with crooks who have a nefarious agenda of ripping off the flight sim community.Well, having said this, all that remains to be said...BEWARE of ARIANE STUDIOS...CAVEAT EMPTOR! Buyer beware.... I have been there, I've got the tee shirt! Don't expect support if what you have bought does not materialise, or if other support is required. Vendors who trade in this fashion must be exposed for what they are!

I fully understand. Keep the pressure on. Good work. - Trip

Amazing:This is a paste from the ARIANE WEBSITE about the download information of the Boeing 737-300 panel released on Sept 19:FILE DOWNLOAD INFO: 14Mb installed. (9.3Mb Compressed) - ALTERNATIVE OPTIONS FOR SLOW, 56k MODEM USERS TO DOWNLOAD FILES IN SECTIONS FOR BETTER D/LOAD TIMES. FILES ARE IN ZIP EXTRACTABLE FORMAT-IMPORTANT-REQUIRES ZIP TO UNZIP, EXTRACT AND LOADUtter misrepresentation:In reality the file is more than 16 MB in size, no resume software is supported, so it is impossible to dwonload it in section as claimed.CAVEAT EMPTOR........Buyers beware, when you purchase the ARIANE STUDIOS Boeing 737-300 analog panel