Sign in to follow this  

Download problems: ARIANE 737-300 Analog panel

Toni - It's not a matter of how much proof I need. I'm on the same side you are. It's been my belief since the beginning that Ariane was a PT operation. The issue, rather, is how much proof the flightsim community at-large is going to demand before this issue is finally put to rest. I think you'd agree it needs to be more than the signature on that single post. That's my only point.Trip

Guest Toni Rauch

No, it was not Ariane that kindled the flame that became the American Airlines problem, but it was the same guy who now 'runs' Ariane (and always has) - namely Peter Tishma. Back in the days of the 'American' issue he ran two companies, Papa Tango Limited and Corporate Worldwide Limited. Both these companies were wound up by the UK Insolvency Court but Tishma continued with Ariane although he has tried to hide there under various aliases ever since, hoping he wouldn't be found....So it's hardly surprising that people are having a tough time downloading products, getting real replies to their mail, getting refunds, etc.Also very interesting to note from the pictures on the screen shot forum that the panel is modelled on the plane reg. no. G-IGOH. It even has the reg. plaque on it! This plane is a 737 flown by Go (now part of easyJet) and that plane certainly does NOT have an analog panel! (Go also wrote to Tishma forbidding it's publication but since when did Tishma care about letters from airlines...?)...And so, as the truth unfolds, history repeats itself...Toni.

What I found interesting with the wisdom of hindsight:I purchased the GMAX Boeing 737-400 and had tremendous download problems, even though the file was a mere 2.6 mb. Only after the 10th attempt did I manage to download it in the alloted time from their slow website...which they acknowledge is slow in an apology on page 1 of the site. Nowhere on the ARIANE site is a suitable buttom where they may be contacted by e-mail. I managed to source the e- mail address from somewhere else, and managed to get a response from them after complaining of the failed download of the GMAX aircraft. SApart from a very sarcastic reply, plus a few others, none actually had the name of the sender appended to the reply. It simply stated ARIANE STUDIOS.I should have smelt a rat then, but by nature I accept people at face value. Hw wrong was I with this bunch of reprobates. And now all the suggestions that ARIANE is linked to that nefarious outfit who were allegedly involved in that bizarre American Airlines/flight sim repaint debacle of a few years ago.All I can say, the whole ARIANE STUDIOS outfit smells rotten all over...misrepresentation on their web site, non delivery of ordered products, operating incognito in their e-mails.....what else will be discovered in future!

Guest Matt Johnson

I can't / shan't / won't comment on Ariane, but your next port of call should be your credit card company, and dispute the charge with them. I Am Not A Lawyer, but under UK Law I think they are required to refund your money under the Sale of Goods Act if you aren't provided with the goods you purchased -- I'm not sure whether you fall under that remit though.Regards,--M

Take it up through your credit card company, they will fight for a refund....believe me, otherwise they have to refund you and claim it back. In the meanwhile write to Worldpay expressing your feelings. Worldpay will not take lightly one of their vendors (Ariane) acting in this manner.Your not the first to have suffered this, after all thats be "seen" and written about this outfit my mail box has had quite a few notes in it asking for help in obtaining money back. Seek redress and call for a boycott.I'll say it again, It's another scam forcing you to pay for an extortionate CD & even more extortionate shipping charges.Dick Turpin is alive and well living in Luton.George

This is certainly turning into a witch hunt and my experience has been that most times the witchhunters unsually end up making themselves look far more asinine than anything the "witch" could have done.Okay, so Peter Tishma made a total fool of himself with the American Airlines fiasco, and YES, he as also made quite a few foot-in-mouth comments and questionable actions during the course of the years.In the same token. Everyone seems to "have" proof about PT and Ariane but no one seems to be able to provide it. I too have seen the signed document and it looks as questionable as the accusations against Ariane! Secondly, proof of what? Peter Tisma is involved with Ariane? Who cares??? Bill Gates is involved with FS2002, does it mean you should stop using it? (assuming you have a grudge...and many here do.) American Airlines made us pull all of our AA liveries...how many of you have flown AA recently?What is this fuss about conspiracies to make you buy CD's? Download problems are nothing new. I have seen hundreds of posts on EVERY developers forums stating problems with downloads, installs, deletions, crashes, lockups, ad nauseum. What's different about Ariane? Are they deploying some type of sinister 56k blocking server to make you buy CD's? HELLO? I have downloaded Ariane's B737-300 and it is THE best aircraft of it's type out there to date. Secondly, the B737-400 is phenomenal, again, among the best of it's type. Incidently, I've had no problems with downloads from them either, and I would imagine that many more "closet" Ariene users can say the same.I'm quite sure that my opinion will not be popular, but it is just that; my opinion. However, Tishma has lost two businesses and is an outcast who cannot show his face in this community. What other punishments do you guys have lined up? Draw and quarter? Disembowlment? Maybe we should burn down his house? Be BIGGER than Tishma for goodness sake and stop lowering yourselves to the wolfpack mentality of which I have always assumed this community maintained itself above.I am neither for nor against Ariane, because THEY have done nothing to me. I do hope, however, that you get your download fixed or call your CC company and dispute the charges. Either way, just my two cents.Mike T.

Trip, It does say, "here's your starter for ten !" I wonder what else there is to be seen ? The scenario is a little like Pandoras box for now ! It is (as Toni confirmed the sig) the first scrap of visual evidence showing a direct link to what was known.George

Well said Mike...I only fear that some of the allegations here will get the entire thread pulled. Your comments are right on. But I do wonder about the d/l issues related to dial-up. I've downloaded up to 20 megs on dial-up from commercial and freeware sites. Takes a couple of hours, but no problems. Ariane's site, being a commercial one, should support that. If it doesn't, then I am inclined to believe they are intentionally forcing dial-up users to pay extra for the CD. And there's still a substantial number of users w/o access to high speed Internet. It's kind of a snare to make an aircraft available via dial-up, but yet require people to run through hoops to get the panel. OTH, there's so many wonderful freeware panels out there--perhaps more for the 737 than any other aircraft, that people have alternatives...-John

Guest Toni Rauch
Mike, THEY might not have done anything to you. But IMHO, you miss the whole point.THEY don't exist! Peter Tishma does. Peter Tishma is not part of Ariane - Peter Tishma IS Ariane. He conceived it as a 'route' to sell his products because he could not sell anything in his own name, given his reputation, history, etc. He might not have harmed you personally, but he certainly harmed the community, the hobby in general, and has extorted unbelievable amounts of money from innocent 'victims' and what's worse, he still does!!! Of course this isn't a witch hunt - this is an attempt to warn people who they're dealing with and what problems they may encounter.Providing further proof to appease the sceptics will never be enough - these people will have to unfortunately make their own decisions based on the irrefutable facts and others experiences.And if they too lose money or encounter the types of problems which have been widely notified here and at other sites, they'll only have themselves to blame. (Just my two cents).Regards,Toni.

Guest Daniel Pimentel

Back off, people. I have purchased from Ariane, not ONE problem. I talked to their support guys, very good people, very educated. ArianeStudios@aol.com works on AOL Messenger if you have it, then you can ask right away. Maybe trying this will solve for you...Cheers,Daniel PimentelSimuBuild GroupAA RULES!!! :)Download my semi-photoreal AA 757!:http://ftp.avsim.com/library/sendfile.php?DownloadID=16882Aerolineas Argentinas A330-200 NOW AVAILABLE!!http://www.thevivcorp.com/~fyarepaints/MyR.../posky332ar.zipChrome AA 767 NOW AVAILABLE!!http://www.thevivcorp.com/~fyarepaints/MyR...osky767aaV1.zipDominicana de Aviacion 727-53C NOW AVAILABLE!!http://www.thevivcorp.com/~fyarepaints/MyRepaints/dom722.zip______________________________"Whenever you find yourself in the side of the majority it's time to pause and reflect" - Mark Twain

"....Providing further proof to appease the sceptics will never be enough...."I'm not worried about the skeptics. I'm worried about those that make their living filing lawsuits, and shutting down forums like this one for allegations made like the ones in your posts. Does p/t make his living that way? You be the judge. It doesn't matter if we believe what you say is true or not--what matters is that this is not a court. It's a community for all of us. And I for one will be pretty p/o'd if our forum is lost due to someone deciding to be judge and jury. You can be 100 percent right, and we can still lose this forum just due to the type of legal fees that can mount when allegations like this have to be defended. If Avsim chooses to make such an editorial statement and take that risk on our behalf, that's their right. It's not yours....My 2 cents.....

Okay Toni, full disclosure is required here. How much money did you loose (or gain) with PT's schemes? Did you invest or did you not in the company now known as Papa Tango? How much? To what extent is your PT crusade now governed by the amount of money you have lost? We (AVSIM) question your agenda, as there was, once upon a time, a Toni who had nothing but defensive stuff to say about PT. Time to lay the cards on the table, so to speak. So, how much did PT get you for? And before you decide to "skew" the answer, remember that those self-same documents that you quote are also applicable to investors and the public alike. I look forward to your honest answer, here in public.

Hi Toni:Please don't take offense as we are all discussing the issue at hand, but...You make some VERY serious accusations, and to wit, you nor anyone else are providing any proof. Extortion is an extremely STRONG word to use as if to alledge that Tishma is doing something punishable in a criminal court of law? Be VERY careful less you become liable for slander in such statements.Secondly, Ariane is Ariane. I see nowhere on the website that they have changed their name to Tishma. Again, your acusatory remarks smacks of some sorted conspiracy to take our money though some illegal backroom chanels. And what IF he is? I'm not sure how Tishma has harmed this community, and maybe I missed it and you'll tell me :-), but anything that transpired during the Tishma / American Airlines debacle has been repaired. The AA boycott is over and we all have AA aircraft happily flying around our virtual worlds :-).At this point, is it that we don't want Tishma to have anything to do with Flight Simulation? If so, hey, come out and say we are still boycotting him and call a "spade" a "spade".But I will ask anyone to answer THIS question:What, if anything, is Peter Tishma doing NOW? Not what he did in the past...RIGHT NOW, that is destroying our hobby?It's not about being skeptical at all, becaues I don't care one way or the other, BUT, IF Tishma IS running Ariane and Ariane is selling quality FS Addons, what harm is being done?I think Tishma has done quite a few unscrupulous things but in this case, Ariane deserves to be innocent until PROVEN guilty, since the accused has no burden to prove his/her own innocence. It is always up to the accuser to provide proof and as of now, there is none. Best regards,Mike T. :-beerchug

PT has threatened innumerable law suits against us. We are still here; PT is still an unbelievable fool, and we will continue to expose the guy everytime he raises his ugly little head. However, we won't be swayed by those that have an agenda unrevealed to the community either.