Sign in to follow this  

Download problems: ARIANE 737-300 Analog panel

No it is not rocket science and we are going to independently confirm the information provided to us Gary. When that is done, we'll report on it.

Damn, just read my last post - Sorry Tom I did it again (can you tell I am having a bad week).......:-beerchug

Guest B52Drivr

Well, might as well get my feet wet on this one.Fact: I have bought the Ariane 737-300 last year, found it to be a nice aircraft, which I fly quite often, and was almost completely pleased.Fact: I wrote Ariane and told them that such a nice aircraft needed WORKING thrust reversers and within a few weeks, they supplied me with them, AS PROMISED.Fact: I do not know Peter T, or have ever met him, and the only dealing I have had with Ariane is buying one of their aircraft.Fact: Some people need to grow up. Business's failing is an everyday occurance -- look at worldcom, Arthur Andersen, and hoards of companies which really try to make it but don't . . .and when that happens, people get hurt in the pocketbook---its a fact of life, it happens, get over it. If it was done intentionally, (which really is rare), then the authorities will eventualy get to them. I had a business fail years ago through a divorce and people got hurt. I am sorry about that, but ya know, things happen which are unavoidable. Does the community expect PT to go out and just crawl into a hole and die? If he has a family to support, and likes to eat, he is going to work . . .and in the field he is familure with. Everyone has the right to work. Even PT. I bought an aircraft from them, I liked it, I researched it and I was pleased . . .end of story for me. I got what I paid for. Every site which offers downloads has their share of horror stories about customers which are unhappy . . . EVERYONE. I do believe we should hear somethihng official from Ariane, but if they don't reply, well, what can you do? Their new offering looks like a first class item, when offered in the livery I desire, I will buy it, like I did the last . . . and if pleased I will say so . . .if not, I will also say so. NO, one, cepting perhaps God, can please everyone . . . And lastly, Toni, you DO have an agenda on the PT thing . . . Lord Man! Give it a break! And I personally doubt if you are as squeaky clean and innocent as you calim . . .l think the lady does protest too much. Tom, you are a class act, intelligent and fair . . . and when you feel the time is right, and have all the information you need to make your point, I am sure we will read about it. Plain and simple, if you like their product, then buy it . . . if you don't, then don't . . .if you can't download it, then follow the chain to get something done about it . . .and if you have a real problem, tell the people who can solve your problem . . . As with any hobby, this one has it's share of radicals and alarmists . . . I guess we all have the need to be heard!CLIMBING DOWN OFF MY SOAPBOX.Clayton T. DopkeMajor, USAF (retired)"Drac"B52Drivr@aol.com

Here is an excerpt taken directly from the readme file for the Boeing 737-300 Analoge Cockpit that I just PAID for and downloaded.And I quote:"WHY A THREE_PART INSTALL?Due to the fact that some people were using slow, 56k modems with our first 17Mb install, coupled with the fact that we are using a secured line, some ISP's would 'time-out' during a long period of downloading, by default.This caused an interruption to the download and, in some cases a failure to reconnect. It has not been possible to allow the use of DOWNLOAD MANAGERS (such as DAP5) because of the security protocols and the codes we use during the processing (to protect your ID data) so since the security disallows outside access, DAP 5-type managers cannot be usedUsing faster ADSL systems were subject to some ISP security protocols when accessing downloads during longer periods of time - so made the choice to separate the installation for all.To get over these problems and to speed up the download process, we kept the exe files smaller thus making them easier to download - thus getting around the 'time-out' problems for the majority, if not all, modem type users.Although it is not a one-stop, install process, we added benefits for the owners of slow machines, (you can save on frame rates by NOT installing Part Three). The choice is still an optional one - Part Three supplies rear and rear/side views but adds a further 7+Mb to your flight 'frame rate' loading on your graphics and processing.We have made every effort to speed the download process in this way and help our fellow flight simmers with slower 56k modems - there may be further free updates which was another contributing factor in our decision to split up the installation..."It would seem that despite the "sinister evil forces (Darth Vader?) :-lol" are supposedly behind Ariane, they are reading this thread and have attempted to make good on a perceived problem that was outlined here and obviously directly to them. So. I guess, we'll have to find something else about Ariane to complain about now :-lolRegards,Mike T.

Love your "sig" Mike...! Talk about title inflation :) Makes me smile every time I see it.Seems from your post, that Ariane is blaming the ISP's for the timeouts. That should be easy for someone to prove or disprove. If they don't get a timeout downloading a comparable file from another site, it's not the ISP's problem--it's either Ariane's or the host site. Either way, it would be Ariane's issue to resolve. Breaking up the file is a good idea, but some 56k modem users might only see an actual speed of 22-26k, depending on their distance from the central station.I've never had or heard of an issue of an ISP timing out during a download (other than a disconnect caused by a random failure at the ISP, or an ISP that was time limited in some way). I've seen it often on the host side, however. I've only seen ISP's time connections out when there is no activity--even mine will do that after 20-30 minutes. I recall an old program called "keepalive" or something similar that would run in the background to keep the issue from happening.Until someone proves otherwise, I still suspect the problem is at the host (woodlandworld.com). It sounds like Ariane may be taking small steps to fix the issues, but I think the jury will be out until someone does what I suggest. If the problems are on the host, then Ariane has to take care of those issues one way or another--either by offering its dial-up customers a cd or a credit on another product, or by switching to a different host site. This comment has gone ignored by those giving Ariane the benefit of the doubt, but if Simubuild can allow me to download 10+ megs on a 28.8 connection, so can Ariane. They charge for their product--Simubuild doesn't.Although I'm about as fed up with this Ariane/p.t. blather as you are, I still think Ariane was pretty slow to address this issue. Their website has a blurb encouraging 56k users to order the CD if they have "ISP" problems. If that is truly the issue, then the users have to handle it. But if that's a smokescreen to lay the blame away from Ariane, users here will show no mercy if Ariane gets caught at it.-John

I read it Mike. But I gotta admit, I don't understand most of it. Maybe someone can translate this gobbledegook but, to me, it just reeks of passing the buck in a cloud of smoke. Trip

What's the problem? I paid for the panel and downloaded it....it took 3 mins for all three packages. If you have slower connections that is the reason why they have split it up into three sections. They also give some kind of explantation about data managers etc. that relate to why they are limited in download times. (See attachment)I'm not a IT tech or know about that stuff but they do explain the reasons for most people's trouble with this site.I do not see what all the fuss is about this site. I've paid for two products from them, the cockpit and GMAX aircraft, both without any problems. Questions directed to their web site were answered within 2 days. The only problem I can see is that I had to pay for them...but sometimes quality does not come free!

You're comparing apples to oranges hardyboy..... I am an IT tech, and their reasons are a bit suspect for the timeouts... If someone can download a 20 meg file on dial-up from one site, but can't from another, the problem is likely something on the host. Not all users have download managers, and blaming the ISP's--classic level 1 support. I'm not saying Ariane is wrong, but I think we need to hear from dial-up users vs. high speed users before we declare the problem fixed. I hope it is. I think that regardless of issues people have with a vendor (Who doesn't have issues with Microsoft?), if they put out something people like and can obtain with ease, that is what's important...-John

Hi Agree D-load probleems- understoodP.T.'s past and future--who caresSupport--i already did got very quick and polite responses from some leading Fs payware developers but leaving you to deal with your problems by yourself as 99,5 %of costummers already happyWhat i am realy missing thats some responces about the softwareWhat is so special about this panel --there are many exelent freeware 737 panels available, as well Gmax b737's What are they taking money for?Would be nice to have your responces , fellows Tnx Joseph

Really?My head in the sand about what??? Being that others personal business affairs have NOTHING to do with me. My download works just fine and I have received nothing but high quality products at a very fair price. What have I to complain about?I think that the graphic I would use to depict those who choose to follow blindly in this affair is....http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3d8f63201f8fb528.jpgCan you say BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHUntil Ariane proves itself to be trying to "destroy our hobby" as it has been so alleged, I choose to continue to enjoy their products as "I" see fit.What ever ill dealings have happened to the vocal minority here in the past at the hands of Tishma is quite unfortunate and vile. However, I CHOOSE not to become the instrument of vengence for someone elses affairs that I have (along with the other 99% here - The AA affair not withstanding) nothing to do with."Vengence is MINE said the Lord." I reserve the same right :-lolMike T.

John:I too am an IT tech (at the Principal level) and their explaination is not suspect, it is a matter of not knowing enough to fix the problem.The fact that Broadband users have no problems but Narrowband users do is due to one or more of the following:1. Packet TTL settings too low causing timeouts.2. Suboptimization of the encyption header in the TCP/IP packet causing the packet size to be too large.3. Misoptimization of the session encryption software on the host server.Ariane is guilty of one thing here, lacking the knowledge for optimizing their transaction servers so that dial-up users who have high ping times during the session to the host server can still maintain a link withought a session timeout.Mike T.

Any respect I may have had for you, just went down the pan with your very childish picture and bleating.As far as your comment "destroy our hobby" I would suggest Mr Principle level, study the history of this person using this and the old forum system, his actions past and present and you will indeed find he very nearly did "destroy our hobby" or at least this was the intention.Had it not been for a few individuals namely Tom Allensworth and others "rumbling" him, this is exactly what he would have done Mr. Principle and you as acting commander of repaints would be paying Mr. Tishma for the privilege today.So Commander in chief pull your woolly head out of the sand and learn a few facts. OK personal business affairs have nothing to do with you, fine I agree with you, however is it a case of " it doesn

Guest Toni Rauch

MikeI agree with you up to a point.But when you say:<1. Packet TTL settings too low causing timeouts.2. Suboptimization of the encyption header in the TCP/IP packet causing the packet size to be too large.3. Misoptimization of the session encryption software on the host server.>...I'm sorry, point 3 really has me rattled!!!It's obvious to a flea that the conflagurlator lead was cross-ventulating with the point 9976 desramifator thingamajiggy...And the sooner Ariane realises that, the better! ;) Toni.