Sign in to follow this  
badderjet

AVSIM Conference Photos?

Unfortuately I missed the conference and was wondering whether anyone who was there could post or upload some photos and maybe put some titles and/or names of people in the pictures. I sure would like to see photos of any of the award winners so I can see who has made all those great contributions to our favorite hobby!Thanks ahead of time to all those who took pictures and kindly posted them.Airbus ;)

Al Kaupa

Digital Storm purchased 8/17/2011; Win7x64: Asus P8P67 Deluxe; Intel i7 2600K@3,9 GHZ; nVidia GTX 560Ti; 8GB DDR3 1600 Corsair Dominator; Power Corsair HX 750W; Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD; 300GB WD VelociRaptor; 1TB Seagate.

Guest flightpro08

There where some 'teaser' shots posted on the AVSIM hompage a day or two ago, I'd imagine we'll see quite a few shots within the next week or so.Ryan-Flightpro08 :-coolVATSIM Pilot/ControllerZLA ARTCC Controller 1 (C-1)SAN TRACON Lead [link:www.taxiwaysigns.com]Taxiwaysigns.com Scenery Designer-----------------------------My "Home Made" System Specs:Intel Pentium 4 2.2GHz ProcessorTurbo Gamer ATX Mid-Tower with 420W Power SupplyEPoX 4G4A Motherboard with Intel 845G ChipsetVisiontek XTASY GeForce4 128MB Ti4600 (Det 40.41 Drivers)512MB PC2100 DDR RAM40GB Matrox 7200RPM Hard DriveWindows XP Home Edition*No CPU or GPU Overclocking*3dMark2001SE Score: 11298

Airbus,We are getting a frontpage news item put together that will include photos and will detail the entire weekend. The AVSIM staff is spread out all over the world and everyone is just getting home, so it will take a few days to get everything organized. My report on the results of the race day trip was easy to get completed and posted, because I only had to drive an hour to get home from the Horizon and was able to have that all written by Monday night (as soon as the official race results were published in the Reno Gazette newspaper). It will take a bit more for the rest of the report covering the whole of the conference and exhibition. In my opinion this 1st AVSIM Conference & Exhibition was a huge success and future events should be even bigger and better. I had the opportunity to talk to several individuals from the MS Flight Sim design team and it was quite interesting to find that they are as enthusastic about flight simming and aviation as a whole as anyone I have ever met. It was also interesting to find out that two of the fellows are very interested in Bush flying and both own nearly identical Maule Rockets (one of the guys flew his Maule down to South Lake Tahoe from Seattle for the conference). Personally I enjoyed meeting and talking to everyone about flight simming, but it was the private conversation I had with Richard Harvey that frankly I enjoyed the best, Richard is a real gentleman and a true flight sim enthusists! Bear!

Great shots Jim, especially the shots of Richard and Tara. My personal favorite though is of Marty giving the thumbs up when he's obviously parked that 737 off in the grass at the end of the runway at South Tahoe Airport.....:-lol!Steve (Bear)

Geez, wished I could have had one of the white dots put on my forehead! Truth is, that is the only way we could get track of Marty. Hotel surveillance was set up to track that white dot! As for the first photo, sure, great Rhoads.... get me with just 20 minutes flight time in two weeks and with an assist from a Slovenian ATC at my side. :-lolThe Chef did a great job and of course it was finally great to meet Tara. Charles doesn't realize it, but Captain Otterbein is evaluating his every move in CFS-3, and Klemm looks like he is about to glaze over. :)Good time had by all and glad you made it Jim. Wait until you see my text-o-matic of the Archer in AVSIM colors!!! :-lol

Guest JeanLuc_

Hi Jim!nice shots! thanks for sharing it with us.

Hi Tom,Man now you tell me! I was hanging around marty all weekend. Yes the food was great and good thing that Klemm wasnt anymore glazed than in the above picture of he might have been on the chefs table.:-zhelp A good time had by all is right, and a unique opportunity to meet the many people in the business as well as consumer side. Thanks again.Best,Jim Rhoads

How about listing who is who in these pics? I'd like to know or see who these filks are! :) Thanks!Don

All I can say is that I wish I was ther. Looks like it was fun.Take careMike

Guest CharlesH

Jim:Can you send me via email the photo of myself? I am the one flying CF3.ThanksCharles

I had a nice chat with the chef in the one photo. He was born in Germany and soon after his apprenticeship as a chef, he joined a passenger shipline. He said it takes stamina and young legs to work on a passenger ship, so in 1961 he began working in the Lake Tahoe area. He has worked with the Horizon Hotel for 31 years and doesn't regret a day of it. He has a nice home overlooking the lake and continues to enjoy cooking for the guests at the Horizon.

The first one Don, if you REALLY have to know, is of me flutzing around with the Tahoe challenge, and Miro, our European Managing Editor giving solid (not) advice. :-lolI will let the original photog detail the rest (and let's see if he remembers!!!). :)

Good Lord! I wasn't THAT impressed with it. :-lol I hate cameras. :-beerchug

BobK