Sign in to follow this  
nudata

Lago's list of objects for Service Pack 3..disappointin

Well, to say the least..all that waiting for what :-mad ? Here is the list of objects that are going to be released on Friday according to Lago.Here it is a list of objects included:// Aircraft"B737 Alaska", "B737-ALA.BMP"},"B737 AirOne", "B737-AO.BMP"},"B737 British Airways", "B737-BA.BMP"},"B737 Condor", "B737-CD.BMP"},"B737 Continental", "B737-CO.BMP"},"B737 Dutch Bird", "B737-DB.BMP"},"B737 EasyJet", "B737-EZ.BMP"},"B737 FedEx", "B737-FX.BMP"},"B737 KLM", "B737-KL.BMP"},"B737 SouthWest", "B737-SW.BMP"},"B737 Air Portugal", "B737-TAP.BMP"},"B737 Transavia", "B737-TR.BMP"},"B737 US Airways", "B737-US.BMP"},"B747-400 Cathay Pacific", "B747-CP.BMP"},"B747-400 Martinair", "B747-MA.BMP"},"B747-400 Singapore", "B747-SP.BMP"},"B747-400 TowerAir", "B747-TW.BMP"},"C130 United Nations", "C130-UN.BMP"},"Shorts360 FedEx", "S360-FX.BMP"},"MD11 FedEx", "MD11-FX.BMP"},"MD11 KLM", "MD11-KLM.BMP"},"MD11 UPS", "MD11-UP.BMP"},"Md11 World", "MD11-WA.BMP"}// Airport Buildings"Hangar, simple", "SimpleHangar.bmp"}// Airport objects"Emergency slide", "EmergencySlide.BMP"},"Extinguisher, laying", "ExtinguisherLaying.BMP"},"Extinguisher, standing", "ExtinguisherStanding.BMP"},"Maintenance stand", "MaintenanceStand.bmp"},// Airport support vehicles"Airport bus", "AirportBus.BMP"},// Civilian Vehicles"Jeep fire tender", "JeepFireTender.BMP"},"Limousine, black", "LimousineBlack.BMP"},"Limousine, white", "LimousineWhite.BMP"},"Pickup truck", "PickupTruck.BMP"},"Police van", "PoliceVan.BMP"},// Generic buildings"Construction site", "ConstructionSite.BMP"},"Cooling tower", "CoolingTower.BMP"},"Factory, large", "FactoryLarge.BMP"},"Factory, small", "FactorySmall.BMP"},"Lighthouse", "Lighthouse.BMP"},"Sport field", "SportField.BMP"},"Hypermarket", "Hypermarket.bmp"},"Church, small", "SmallChurch.bmp"},"Bridge, large", "LargeBridge.bmp"},"Bridge, medium", "MediumBridge.bmp"},"Bridge, small", "SmallBridge.bmp"},"Museum building", "Museum.bmp"},"Conference hall", "ConferenceHall.bmp"},"Highrise, classic", "ClassicHighrise.bmp"},"Highrise, modern", "ModernHighrise.bmp"},"Highrise, ultramodern", "UltraModernHighrise.bmp"},"Highrise, standard", "StandardHighrise.bmp"},"Hotel, large", "LargeHotel.bmp"},// Generic objects"Bench 1", "Bench1.BMP"},"Bench 2", "Bench2.BMP"},"Bench 3", "Bench3.BMP"},"Building crane", "BuildingCrane.BMP"},"Buoy, large", "BuoyLarge.BMP"},"Buoy, pointed top", "BuoyPointTop.BMP"},"Buoy, round top", "BuoyRoundTop.BMP"},"Power line 1", "PowerLine1.BMP"},"Power line 2", "PowerLine2.BMP"},"Refueling station", "RefuelingStation.BMP"},"Traffic light", "TrafficLight.BMP"},"Water tower, checker", "WaterTowerChecker.BMP"},"Water tower, grey", "WaterTowerGrey.BMP"},"Water tower, silver", "WaterTowerSilver.BMP"},"Petrol station", "PetrolStation.bmp"},"Cell phone tower", "CellPhoneTower.bmp"},"Ferris wheel", "FerrisWheel.bmp"},// Humans"Air hostess", "AirHostess.bmp"},"Pilot 1", "PilotWalking.bmp"},"Pilot 2", "PilotEnface.bmp"},"Flight attendant", "Flight Attendant.bmp"},"Airside personnel 1", "MechanicMathijs.bmp"},"Airside personnel 2", "MechanicJaaky.bmp"},// Ships"Oil tanker", "OilTanker.BMP"},"Submarine", "Submarine.BMP"},As you can see, no GA planes for smaller airfields. An airport scenery enhancer and ONLY 6 objects to enhance an airport and 2 of them are stupid fire extinguishers and another mait. stand to go with the 2 we already got :-fume . Only 1 new airport bldg yet we get 3 different kinds of benches? Say what? No new aircraft models either as well as no Airbus models, just the same few Boeing ones that we already have. If it takes a small fee to get what we want then so be it. This was a long wait for nothing. Nothing against churches but why do we need stuff like that in an AIRPORT scenery enhancer. Got a bunch of water stuff but no static float plane models?? Mathijs, you guys are usually on top of the ball but this time, the ball has deflated. I also thought you had said that there was going to be some dynamic stuff in SP3? If the funds are not there, then charge us a small fee to get the service pack.

Eric 

Sounds like you just wanted something to complain about tonight.

I thought they promised us a way to make are own signs !!!! We have waited too long for SP3 and I must agree with you this does reflect the threads that were posted by thier valued customers of what they suggested.I have yet to see even a large sample of different boeing models without even getting into the Airbus issue. Maybe they are learning tircks from Ariane.Andy

OOPSI must agree with you this does reflect the threads that were posted by thier valued customers of what they suggested--->I must agree with you this does "NOT" reflect the threads that were posted by thier valued customers of what they suggested

Fred,If you had kept up with the threads here and mainly at the Lago forum, you would have known that we were led to believe that SP3 was going to include more than this.

Eric 

That's funny Fred...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

All I know is FedEx doesn't own any 737's or Shorts and UPS doesn't own any MD11s. Someone already did a US Airways livery for their 737 a little while back and why would anyone want a UN C130 when we already had one in the previouse release (might not have been from the UN but hey it was a C130 just the same)??? We had enough generic water towers, power lines, Factorys and Highrises in the last release to hold us untile FSSE4 came out. A "Ferris Wheel", hello... Besides the new planes (new liveries I mean) most of this stuff has nothing to do with adding more life to an airport which I thought was the whole point in the first place. I've all but given up on FSSE... I'll just be happy with the little I did get out of the program.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I don't see what the fuss is about. I personally have BIG PLANS for the submarine when I spruce up Denver International Airpot. Not to mention the 3 different kinds of benches that will populate the baseball field. (little known fact: New FAA regulations require baseball fields and churches be built in close proximity to all major airports!)NOW, all I have to do is figure out where to put the ferris wheel and the museum at my local airport and I've got it made!!!! :-lol :-lol :-lol :-lol....errr, ahem.It's a slow night...sorry! :-rollMike T.

>and UPS >doesn't own any MD11s.Oh really? I painted the UPS MD11 that Lago is using. I refered to photographs of--guess what--actual UPS MD11's. But according to you they don't exist. How do you explain that?Sidney Schwartz [KPDX]

Hi Eric,Where did you get that list? I haven't seen any such announcements from Lago yet. If the list is accurate, I must say that I'm also disappointed. I was hoping for more different kinds of jetways and more ga aircraft.On the other hand, I've seen the kinds of additional objects that people would request from Lago. Some were actual airport objects, but many of the requests were for non-airport (and to me irrelevant) objects like bridges, roads, water towers and even stranger stuff. People are apparently trying to use it as a scenery designer, which it was never intended to be, rather than an airport enhancer, which of course is what it is. I guess you can't blame Lago for trying to keep everyone happy. Personally, I'd be happy to pay a fee to get more collections of useful AIRPORT objects.Sidney Schwartz [KPDX]

Nothing against FSSE itself as I've always highly praised the work.But this is the problem with "closed" and proprietary systems like FSSE. If it had been an open system to begin with, there would be hundreds of the objects that *users* request by now - we'd simply make them. If they would only open up FSSE like every other designing tool out there (regardless of its simplicity), situations like this wouldn't even happen. FSSE could still be a for-pay for-designers program with a free runtime for all other users - and open up the object files.End of problem. Hopefully thats the direction they'll finally take.Take care,Elrondhttp://members.rogers.com/eelvish/Boycott-RIAA.gif]"A musician without the RIAA, is like a fish without a bicycle."[/font://http://members.rogers.com/eelvish/B...cle."[/b][/font

Im sure we can all think of dozens of cool objects that could beadded. I just wish this was the kind of thing where we could create our own objects.Meantime, the major GLARING missing object I can see is a lack of a container ship. They have multiple container cranes, even containers themselves. However no ships other than yachts, sail boats and cruise ships. While this may seem esoteric, its a big deal at certain airports, like Newark where several container vessels are usually docked at the adjacent Maher Terminals not to mention the importance of such ships in major ports like LA, Hong Kong, Rotterdam, New York, Seattle, Charleston, Yokohama, Kaohsuing, Melbourne, Sydney, Etc, etc...This is an important scenery object in multiple world locations. It should be in the FSSE package!!!Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

I too am very dissapointed to say the least...All I wanted was more jetways. The only jetways in FSSE now are only used in AMS.LAGO really screwed up this one. Hopefully someone else will come up with a similar program that is open ended...

Before we released the list we knew we could not win this battle:-) There are so many objects on this world that just about any user would be dissapointed by default with ANY new set of objects we released.But we do have a list of objects that are requested and the service pack is a rather good representation of what has been asked. More liveries of jets were far, far on top of the list. What you saw on this forum was only a fraction of the total list we collected. The only thing I agree on is the lack of GA aircraft, that was something I also wanted to add. We were working on a way to add signs but this proved to be far more complex then anticipated. Again, we would like it as well, but I simply could not afford the money or the time to include it in this version. It is hard enough to get the funds for a Service Pack like this.We need to close the project to make the CD master for the US I simply can not wait any longer and have to close this new version. Timing for releases is not something we are free on:-)I honestly believe we got a nice set of objects to add, but feel free to let us know what objects we would like. As always our development is driven by customer demand and this set of objects reflects that demand. It might not be YOUR favorite list but that only means you are not mr. Average.The list that was published is final and no objects can be added. The US CD version will have a few objects less as our distributeur there demanded 2 objects to be removed.As soon as this SP is releases we'll start looking at more objects (I already got the first GA aircraft to be added) and as always we are happy to hear what you like. But to give you some idea, we got 6 requests for helicopters, 5 requests for float planes and over 300 requests for more humans. Guess what we included....We are on schedule and I believe we will deliver on Friday. I probably will only release a complete new version as almost all files will be touched in the update so a file update would be almost identical to a new build. The fact the program has a closed structure has been chewed over many times by now. It was a design decision we made early in the concept for very good reasons (speed, simplicity etc). There are MANY very good tools out there that let you create scenery. We only made a scenery ENHANCER, not a scenery creator. At this moment the product still is selling very good and as 90% of the customers have used the try before you buy option they know the limitations and strenghts of the product. If you like it register it, if you don't like it de-install it and you won't have spend a dime.Mathijs KokLAGO

to enable the user to use gmax objects. Now you get out of the business of trying to please the hungry mob, and let the mob please itself.Plus, you'll have many more customers.fwiwBob Bernstein