Sign in to follow this  
nudata

Lago's list of objects for Service Pack 3..disappointin

Guest Stamatis

"More liveries of jets were far, far on top of the list."You've got to be kidding!I mean, with dynamic fully programmable AI Traffic around us by default, with all those PAI models and their hundred repaints, who would still ask for... statics? At the top of their list??There must be something very wrong in the composition of your client base Mathijs :-)Stamatis

Hey Elrond,Lago argues that allowing users to create their own objects ruins the ability to share sceneries with other users. I don't buy this, however, since it would be a simple matter to just include the objects with the scenery file when you distribute it. Just like we do with panels (including the gauges), and scenery (including the textures).Lets hope they open it up -- I don't like being at the mercy of Lago in terms of what objects I can use with this awesome software. If it allowed us to create our own objects, FSSE would be the ultimate addon! I too was a little disappointed with the new objects, but I'm glad there aren't a whole pile of new animals :)All the best,Greghttp://www3.sympatico.ca/gregory.moffatt/ERJ.jpg

Guest Lindy

I never found that fact on Lago's website. Interesting. I may have to d/l it myself and give it a whirl.As for your list of objects, well, maybe a ferris wheel IS a little far fetched, but there are lots of traveling carnivals around the country. It's not inconceivable that one would set up near an airport -- maybe a small strip out in the country someplace. There seem to be lots of default airports that are pretty well fleshed out...... so the small airfields scattered all over are the kind that really NEED enhancing!Now just add carnival sounds to FSSS and you'll really have something. :-lol-Lindy :-wave

Hi Stamatis,Good point. When I was using only the default AI traffic, being able to add static aircraft was important, mostly because the default ai traffic was so sparse (or maybe it was the lack of gates). Now that I've started enhancing my ai traffic, I've actually removed the static aircraft because I need the gates for the "real" thing! But I'll still continue to use FSSE to add jetways, lighting, and all the other neat stuff. The combination of FSSE and enhanced ai traffic is great! :) :) Sidney Schwartz (KPDX)

Guest Stamatis

Hi Sid,"The combination of FSSE and enhanced ai traffic is great!"Exactly my point. This is why I am so surprised seeing that LAGO has placed all their emphasis on this third release ... on statics!!Nowdays, my major gripe is when I download airport sceneries for FS2002 that come with static aircraft!Makes no sense to me.Stamatis

I have one point to make on this... If you got allot of request for more aircraft and liveries, Why did you not include more aircraft period??? Where is the DC10s, 727s, 767s, MD80s, just to name a few. There are many more airlines out there that could have been included also with the correct planes. I hope I never see more mistakes from you guys like 737s in Northwest colors. We already got a FedEx 737 that you'll never see in the real world...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Why don't you post a picture of this Sidney, because I've never seen one.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Lago's argument is pretty silly, one only needs to look at the sharing in the Avsim library...doh....lots of handmade objects being shared every day.Lago want's to keep fsse limited to a captive audience of people who haven't grown in their design skills to want to customize objects. Course the folks than can and do customize objects don't generally pay for many of their tools.B

Who, besides me, removed FSSE from their system?Just wondering. :-hmmm

due respect for your wonderful work) Mathijs, it doesn't matter what you like to call or name FSSE - Enhancer if you wish. Its simply a subset of features available in most other scenery designers... Albeit, one that is easy to use - but made closed and proprietary by Lago. As you know, the interface semantics and ease of use is almost identical to the designer thats built right in to Fly! II out of the box (released months before FSSE). It is completely unique so far in the FS world though.Call it what you will as it doesn't matter to me - I promise. But the point remains: opening up the object library to user made additions (they are designed in the same way of course) would bypass all the angst of your users - the ones you say Lago takes its directions from. It also would greatly grow your market if you provided a free runtime-only to users and charged those "Enhancers" for the tool. I can't imagine anything but FSSE becoming the most popular scenery "Enhancer" ever... It would be tremendous.Again, I'll clearly state, I love the idea of FSSE and its easy methodology. Its just those two nit-picks that causes angst.Take care,ElrondPS - Just to clarify my statement above:de

I am also dissapointed at the objects about to be released in FSSE pack 3. With tools like AFCAD and TTools who needs static aircraft. What was needed was taxiways and aprons to enhanse the small airportsin FS2002. There are many small airport which do nor have aprons and taxiways. I woud think it would be a simple matter to add these to FSSE like they did with the different size automobile parking areas.We could then make these taxiways and aprons operative by using AFCAD. I am glad they added bridges, as I can use them in varios airports. I am well aware there are tools to add taxiways and aprons, but when you are technically challenged you use a simple tool like FSSE.

That's what I was hoping for, the ability to add taxi way signs, and tawiways themselves. They gave us parking lots, why not taxiways?

Eric 

Guest daves0

I read some posts somehwere that stated this release would make bush pilots happy....with objects to enhance remote small airports, etc...I see nothing of this sort here....I'm pretty much disappointed with this release....Bring on the module for us to add our own objects. I really see no reason not to do this, especially considering your mention , Mathjis, of your need because of cost to complete this release....With customer ability to add objects, the cost no longer has to be considered....this will do nothing to jeopardize the simplicity factor...those that have the ability to design objects can do so....we simple minded folk can download them and use them...simple.

They could release an "open" FSSE as a major upgrade or a new version -- charge for it, (perhaps a discount for those already owning FSSE,) and recover the costs. Then they build a huge market (can you imagine?!) Really creative people will begin uploading all sorts of objects, and the FS2002 world takes a big step forward. It's certainly not my company, and not my decision to make, but I think it is definately worth a closer look.How about it, Lago?Best regards,Greghttp://www3.sympatico.ca/gregory.moffatt/ERJ.jpg