Sign in to follow this  
Guest kurtj

ATC Problems

Guest kurtj

I was wondering if anyone else is have difficulty with the ATC in FS2002? In the past it was San Diego, Atlanta, Chicago, and now New York City. This is what seems to happen intermetly.ATC won't hand me off to the center and it will just remain on the approach sector throughout the duration of the flight. I just noticed in the past it was FFG 757 for United. I uninstalled reinstalled no problems afterwords. Now it seems to be Posky's 767-200 and 300 that I was flying with American Airlines.As a result as I am coming in and the atc would get stuck into one sector and I pick an airport and land at another location the program will give you the FS has to shut down. We are sorry for the inconvience error.I have noticed this after I tried installing a scenery area, not sure of what I was doing, and I guess I could have messed the program up. I hope I don't have to reinstall the whole program but I might. Btw. Any word of the FS2002 patch to fix the ATC? I really think it needs to be patched.

HowdyUnfortunately a few times I have found it necessary to reinstall FS.I still can't turn during pushback, no matter what i do. :-fumeI too have had many strange things happen during FS ATC and although this may not help you, I found that FSBuild Flight Planner to creat my flightplans solved most of them. One of the problems I used to have was atc zig zaggging me all along the flight plan. Thank god that's gone now !!!Hope you sort it out.SteveCYYZ

Guest kurtj

I did take your advice of uninstalling it. I didn't install it yet because I have to go to run some errands. but later I will. I hope the ATC will be better when I install it. If anyone has noticed a flaw in the NYC approach/Departure/center I would like to know. I will assume that it should fix itself after a reinstall but if it doesn't I gonna think that is should be added to the bug list in FS2002. Also is the FSBuild flightplanner freeware or payware? I would like to look into this so I could plan my flights easier.

Guest kurtj

Thank you for the info. Btw I reinstalled it so far so good. I don't know yet because I was only using default aircraft. When I install other aircraft I hope and I believe it should be okay. I will take a look and download the flightplanner software later.

Guest kurtj

I reinstalled it. I installed some Airliners today an AA 763 from Posky and a UA 763 as well. ATC is still troublesome In NYC. Other areas it seems to be fine. Can anyone confirm NYC on their computers using a Boeing 767-300 with American and United out of JFK isn't working properly? I find that not using ATC until you get up to 10000 feet seems better and then you can request flight following. Maybe someone could give me some ideas to what is happening.Thanks,Kurt.