Sign in to follow this  

LAGO Scotland/Ireland Mesh Available

I got the scenery OK - then registered and paid for TerraMesh part 14 but no unlock code sent to me. All I got was an order payment and confirmation number from Banca Sella. (Have sent an email to LAGO) (I recently paid for Part 13 and was sent an unlock code immediately).After trying a few Mesh sceneries for the UK the Lago England/Wales has to be in my opinion the very best and all for the cost of a couple of pints - it's just a pity I can't use Scotland/Ireland after paying for it!Is it as good as the England/Wales mesh?Shep.

Darned, pints are cheap where you live...>Is it as good as the England/Wales mesh? In most parts yes, we did have troubles with the data for Ireland as the triple dataset we had for most regions is not available for that country. This results in some mountains that are not as smooth as they should be. We spend a long time finding better data but for under $30.000 nothing could be found.In Scotland I did have some troubles with some lakes. First of all very long lakes, like Loch Ness, seem to have problems with the curvature (is that English?) of the earth. On one side the water is at the correct altituide, on the other it seems to be a few meters too high resulting in a 'dam' around the edge of the water. I also found some lakes in Scotland that had an hopelessly incorrect altitude in FS2002. But that is mostly nitpicking, stuff we wold have liked better but what could not be done. As always we decided not to change the mesh to hide limitations in FS2002 as this would make futher development difficult. Two faults do not make one right.MathijsP.s. let me know if you still do not have your code. I noticed the code server was running behind on orders yesterday (mostly people buying TerraMesh sections) but normally this is solved by itself when things quiet down in parts of the world.

Thanks for the prompt and informative reply Mathijs.Yes pints are cheap in my area - guess I will be swopping a few more pints for your TerraMesh series.Still no sign of my unlock code for Scotland/Ireland.Thanks again,Shep.

Mathijs,Another user waiting for the Scotland/Ireland code here. I've reported it to Daniel via email and left a note on your forum but no response to either yet. There seems to be a few of us who have mentioned it there. I'm quite surprised because this has never happened before and I've many products from you. Grateful if you could ask someone to look at this. Thanks,Andy

I tried to order the Swiss Mesh this morning Mathijs and was told:-"Before confirming this operation, please make sure it is not a duplicating of a previously effected order.In fact, the order hereinafter specified has already been entered"That was referring to my order for Scotland/Ireland which although paid for I still have not received a code. It seems many people are having problems obtaining codes - see LAGO forum.Sorry to post here but the LAGO forum will not accept any post from me - must still be 'gremlins' in the works.Shep.

And another, I fear, Mathjis! Was spoilt by getting my UK code in two minutes ... but am waiting patiently for Scotland.I persuaded a pal to get UK mesh a couple of days ago, based on my quick service on that one; but HE has yet to receive his code also. Ah well, I'm sure you'll sort it. Just don't go drinking my $5 away (wouldn't buy much, though, would it? The mesh is better value!).Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitak.htmlhttp://www.swiremariners.com/reds.htmlhttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitakv3.jpg

I'm sorry to hear people are having registration problems. I think you'll be happy with the mesh when you see it. The best judges of course will be our Scottish and Irish flight-simming friends.AFOX :-wave

Might be a general problem as I had the same problem when I ordered yesterday. Just got my reg code back now though! Can't wait to have a look!Have funFinn

As Mathijs mentioned, in an earlier post, a back log of orders had to be cleared - mine just arrived!Scotland/Ireland code well worth waiting for.Shep.

Cor blimey ! I almost forgot ! Thanks very much Mathijs for a job very well done ! My beloved homeland never looked so good !AFOX :-beerchug

Guest alanrco

I have Visual Flight's UK mesh. The only problem is that almost all the lakes (and lochs :) ) are raised above the surrounding area.Does Lago's mesh suffer the same (or any) problems.BTW I'm fairly new to FS so can u tell me if it's easy to changefrom one mesh to another for the same area?THNXAlan

Great job on the Scottish mesh Mathijs! :-beerchugAs a Scot living in Glasgow I can confirm (as if it were needed!) that the difference compared to the default mesh is simply amazing.Flying VFR around EGPF (Glasgow), I immediately noticed the difference, with the more subtle detail of the hills North of the airport immediately noticable.Flying North from Glasgow to Inverness, over the Grampians, you really begin to appreciate what an undulating and rugged country Scotland is.Thanks for mesh - the best 5 Euros I've ever spent!JimOh and my code arrived within seconds of placing my order!

Hi Alan,The problem you are refering to has dogged every UK mesh to date. I've used them all. It's a real pain in the butt for mesh developers and is a difficult one to solve at this time. The Visual Flight mesh is superb but I think this one's even better. The LAGO mesh seems so much more natural and has included many landscape features nationwide which have previously been ignored. The LAGO mesh does have the raised lakes you refer to but it isn't the developer's fault. It's a Microsoft thing and something we all have to live with for the time being.AFOX :)

One note to that:Over in the Fly! developer forum, you or someone from Lago should ask around for the DEM editor that was made about a year ago. While it works on a unique format, it allows one to hand edit the "problem" areas in a DEM. It can then be converted to any format of your choosing.It sounds like the perfect solution to any "raised lake" problems.Just a possible heads up,Elrondhttp://members.rogers.com/eelvish/Boycott-RIAA.gif]"A musician without the RIAA, is like a fish without a bicycle."[/font://http://members.rogers.com/eelvish/B...cle."[/b][/font