Sign in to follow this  

LAGO Scotland/Ireland Mesh Available

Curious... If a solution to this problem has been around for such a long time I wonder why developers have not made use of it ? Do you know whether or not this anomaly is unique to UK mesh derivatives ?AFOX :-hmmm

Hi AFox,No, its not unique to UK mesh. Even some of the great and freely available US mesh has some serious anomalies... Its just par for the course when it comes to DEM.Most probably aren't aware of the tool because of the artificial division between sim camps. The tool most certainly isn't end-user friendly either, as its a developer tool, by developers for developers - but it does exactly what it advertises. Its basically represents your DEM as a spreadsheet full of height values - you change those values where they are out of place. The same could easily be done by hand with a hex editor (when converted to the right DEM format - there are many), but the tool gives the process a friendly front end.Although I haven't used it for FS mesh, I have used it for Fly! mesh, when I was actively developing for sims.Take care,Elrondhttp://members.rogers.com/eelvish/Boycott-RIAA.gif]"A musician without the RIAA, is like a fish without a bicycle."[/font://http://members.rogers.com/eelvish/B...cle."[/b][/font

Guest alanrco

>Hi AFox, >>No, its not unique to UK mesh. Even some of the great and >freely available US mesh has some serious anomalies... Its >just par for the course when it comes to DEM. >>Its basically represents your DEM as a >spreadsheet full of height values - you change those values >where they are out of place. The same could easily be done >by hand with a hex editor (when converted to the right DEM >format - there are many), but the tool gives the process a >friendly front end. >>Although I haven't used it for FS mesh, I have used it for >Fly! mesh, when I was actively developing for sims. >>Take care, >>Elrond >Sounds great for the developers to do something with. I'm no good at spreadsheets - so I guess I'll just have to put up with - wait for it....'The Planet of the Lakes' :)no mud pies please,Alan

As an afterthought and still on the movie theme:" A Bridge Too Low... " AFOX :-lol