Sign in to follow this  
Gavin

MD-80 Panel

Hi there,Some of you may think I'm becomming a little obsessive, but I'm trying to see if anyone knows, and is willing to share with us all, a way to overcome the few small 'issues' with Paul Golding's 'masterpiece' MD-80 panel when used in 2K2.Just curious.Cheers!Gavin

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Gavin,to make it a bit easier, tell me point by point what exactly does not work for you when using the panel in FS2002. I shall then try to answer the issues I know.Regards, Wolfgang

Gavin,Here's the link to a site of a fellow who did some work to make Paul's MD80 panel compatible with FS2K2:http://digilander.libero.it/aliditalia/panelseu.htmlIt's in Italian, but you can easily figure out how to download it. If I remember correctly the documentation that comes with the panel is in English. You will need the original version of Paul's MD80 panel along with any upgrades/patches (I think there were one or two) in order for it to work.I've used the panel with the Project Freeware DC9's and it works very well. Another panel/aircraft that I would recommend was just released a couple of months ago by an SAS DC9 Captain. It comes with a great airplane, and I use this panel along with the included aircraft's cfg/air file with the Project Freeware DC9's also (you might have to copy the PF's contact points to the aircraft cfg). Here's the link:http://www.bahnhof.se/~classic/Hope this helps!Regards,ScottCFII/KJMS

"...now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" ~ Major Kong from "Dr. Stranglove"

Scott Cebula

Bump

"...now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" ~ Major Kong from "Dr. Stranglove"

Scott Cebula

Gentlemen,Thanks for your replies. I'm going to be a bit busy for the next few days and won't have much flightsim time. Will reply early next week.Thanks again!Gavin

Gavin Barbara

Guest Jack

Paul Golding , approximately a month ago, stated in this forum that he will update this panel if he can get some help from a gauge programmer to resolve a couple of issues. A good chance for someone to become a Hero to those who are sorely missing this panel!Any programmers in the crowd who would like to help save this Classic panel could contact Paul directly, or through this forum.Hope this helps,JackD

I think Paul Golding was talking about his A310 panel for which he needs a certain gauge (thanks to his son :-) )Wolfgang

Guest Jack

Wolfgang, I remember that episode. Reminded me of the time I came home on a 3-day pass and managed to scuttle my Dad's speedboat. Couldn't wait for him to get home so I could give him the news.As I recall there was another thread regarding MD-80 panel with the offer to update if help arrived. I wouldn't swear to it, but hope springs eternal.JackD

Sucess!!!The Italian patch does the trick for me! The patch instructions are in English and it all works fine. OK there's no HUD, but as a general compromise I'd recommend it. And Mario seems to be a nice guy too. Let me know what you think, if you try the patch.Gavin

Gavin Barbara