Sign in to follow this  
Misha_K

Boeing 737 - Panel

Which panel do you recommend for use with the 737? Especially now there are many variants with the lovely 737-200 just uploaded.I have tried a couple apart from the default and would like to know if there is anything decent out there. I am currently learning my way round the Embraer 1435 panel from Bill Grabowski which I think is brilliant and would like to use something similar if it is available.Cheers, Terry:-beerchug

Greetings; I don't think there are any panels with good overheads, but for visual quality and functionality, Steffan Albhergs 737-200 panel is still the best-and with the latest version of fsiupc ,the problem of setting altitude in 1000 ft. only has been eliminated! Cheers!

Guest Twister

Hi You might want to consider the FAB 737-200 panel (the one with side views).I personally like it a lot, it lacks the overheads but is otherwise very well designed.Twister

Regarding different Panels and different Planes, not just 737 - 200, 300 400 etc but 777, 757 and other twin engine (jet) Aircraft.Are all panels "generic?" ie will they work with any plane or is there something in the air.file or elsewhere that requires a specific panel. (I'm starting to waffle!) What I am trying to say is apart from looking correct does it matter if I use a panel for a 737-800 with a 737 - 200? :-roll :-roll :-roll :-roll

Usually, the panel/flightdynamics interaction is relevant only for panels that have an FMC. E.g. if the plane is too heavy or too light for how the FMC is programmed, then the FMC won't be able to control the aircarft. Otherwise any twinjet panel will work with any twinjet aircraft. The fuel gauges may not display things properly depending on how many fuel tanks the panel/aircraft was configured for. The default panels will work with just about anything. With some searching you can find at least a decent appropriate panel for just about any available FS aircraft, though. For Staffan's panel go to: http://hem.passagen.se/primeaviMisha