Sign in to follow this  

Windows XP SP1 FS 2002 = Trouble (for me)

I was wondering if anyone else has this experience. Last night I downloaded XP SP1. I started up FS2K in full screen mode. The Alt key would no longer bring up the menu, and F9 no longer brought up FS Navigator. I rebooted but had the same behavior. Unfortunately, I did not check the ability to uninstall the service pack, and reverting back to a previous savepoint has caused all kinds of problems with my dial-up connection. Did anyone else have problems with this service pack?Scott

ScottJust got XP SP1 also.The alt key works for me. Just!, the menues display weird!FS Navigator comes up after a lot of persuassion and is just as likly to shut down again very quickly.I'm using a GForce 4 TI 440 card with the latest driversBrian

Brian,I noticed that as well. Some of the panels had horizontal lines running through them. I have a GeForce4 Ti 4400. It seems then that maybe the NVidia drivers have not been well-tested with this service pack. I will leave it off of my system until NVidia comes out with a new set of drivers.Scott

I had the problem with the alt key not bringing up the menu and escape not bringing up the exit flight menu only with anti-aliasing turned on. Which kinda sucks cause I like AA. I did alot of things at the same time, new VIA drivers, new Nvidia drivers and XPSP1...so I am not sure which broke it...

My VIA and NVidia drivers stayed the same. I only installed Windows XP SP1 so I am pretty sure that was the problem. I am running with the latest NVidia and VIA drivers just fine.

Try changing your AA settings. Same thing happened to me (see earlier thread) with Ti4200. I changed from no AA to 4xS and the ALT key once again brought up menus.

Did you have problems with the drawing of panels as well that were fixed by going to 4xS? I am thinking of not installing the sp until NVidia comes out with a new set of drivers.