Sign in to follow this  
Guest cornclose

Ddhelp error in GDI.EXE

I have a problem with FS2K2 - It locks up a lot and when I opt not to restart FS - I get an error that Ddhelp has caused an error in GDI.EXEHas anyone else had this problem and if so did you find a solution?Thanks for any advise.Paul

When you say it locks up when you opt not to restart, is there an error message preceding this? If so, does the message come up at random, or perhaps after switching views? It's been a couple of months, but I've noticed some gauges on panels can cause FS to lock when switching views. Since I started flying Dreamfleet's Cardinal and Flight1's 421, I haven't hit the problem once. It may even be something caused by flying a GMAX vs. an older aircraft, but it is very, very rare in my case.-John

Yes it is after FS closes - It does lock up when I change views usually from Cockpit to Spot view.... I will try a different panel and aircraft and see if that is the problem - Thanks

I get it a lot when using my favourite aircraft, the PSS A320. Is your OS Win98 by any chance as I suspect it may be a bug in Win98 when using Flightsim.regardsRossNottingham,England

My O/S is Win98, but as I said it's a very rare error for me. And it's one I can't duplicate.... Come to think of it, it's happened much less since I upgraded to DirectX 8.1..... Hmmmmmmmmm-John

I too have this problem. What is the latest version. I think I have 8.1a. Do you have to uninstall the old version before reinstalling it? Thanks, Bob.

Ditto,I have gotten this pain in the A$$ error as well.And i believe it is from switching views, or it seems to happen when doing that. I also read somewhere that if you save your games more often it helps to eleiminate that. Dont know why, but do a search of the forums and there are similar posts of the same problem.Regarding uninstalling directX, it's not possible unless you go thru your registry and know for sure that those are directX files, but i wouldn't advise it.I am sure there is a program out there that lets you know what files are being used for directX, if indeed that is the problem thats causing the DDHelpGDI.Exe crash.goodluck....

Before uninstalling/reinstalling, which is certainly not always the answer to everything:1. Run DXDIAG under START/RUN and check all your settings under DirectX.2. Check that your video drivers are compatible with your system and card.Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitak.htmlhttp://www.swiremariners.com/reds.htmlhttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitakv3.jpg