Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Ancient Brit

do you believe ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------"640K ought to be enough for anybody." - Bill Gates (1955-), in 1981

Guest Eagle92395

640K what... airplanes, airports in flight simulator??? I'm getting close to that many planes on my system...LOL. Just kidding, although with all they planes available, I may get there someday! Anyways, computers sure have come along way since the old 5.25" disks.

well incase some people dont know640 kb of ram thats just over half a meg of ram !!today we are talking about 512 meg of ram !!!!! 512 000 kbs !!!!!

Guest georgi55

That would be 512 000 kB.Edit: Acurate numbers are 524 288 kB in case someone jumps on me saying its not 512 000 kB

In 1992 my best friend (and pilot for Continental) said and I quote:"Why don't you get one of those 14.4kbps modems?To that I matter of factly retorted:"What for? My 9600 baud modem is plenty fast! What am I going to do with a 14.4 modem?!"In 2002, my connection at home is a load balanced Dual DS1 for a total of 3Mbps and I am looking at upgrading to a fractional DS3 for 10Mbps :-lol. My home is wired with Gig-Ethernet plugged into a Cisco 5500 switch to support my DNS, Email and FTP servers! :-lol My how times change!!! :-lolMike T.

Guest The Ancient Brit

I remember Bill Gate

Guest daves0

the internet is a fad...if we keep working more hours, we won't have time for the internet

Guest Lizardo

In 1981 I had a 1K Sinclair. That's it, total: 1K. I moved up to a 64k Heathkit. Try flying in "text" sometime, hahaha.

Guest The Ancient Brit

One prediction that I remember with some bitterness, was made by experts at the 1956 opening by Mrs. Queen of the UK

Guest The Ancient Brit

Another prediction comes to mind. In a television debate on the BBC with the head of Boeing concerning the merits of the VC10 and the Boeing 707, Sir George Edwards, the head of the British Aircraft Corporation pointed out that in contrast to the B707, the VC10 could use hot and high airports and was suitable for use with the existing world runways. He went on to say that for the B707 to become successful; the world would need to lengthen its runways and this was not a realistic expectation. Another decisive factor, in his opinion was that all the VC10 passengers were seated before the engines, in those days the definition of first class. His prediction was that BAC would wipe the floor with Boeing.I was working at BAC Weybridge at the time where the VC10 was being built. I recall I jumped out of my seat and shouted