Sign in to follow this  

This one's for you, Dad.

My condolences to you and your family as well Bill.It is indeed a fitting tribute to your father, this release. The happiness it'll bring to such a wide variety of people seems an apt tribute to what sounds like a wonderful man.The best of wishes,Elrond

Bill, I am so sorry to hear about your father. While I can only begin to comprehend the grief, I know you are proud of his accomplishments and I applaud your strength through his passing. It's a wonderful touch and tribute to release this livery in his honour, and I will take great pleasure in flying this beauty around Hawaii :) Cheers mate!George

Guest Henri W

Condolences from me as well, Bill. Your father must have been a wonderful person. I am sure he will live forever in your mind.Best wishes,Henri

Condolences to you and your family .. May your dad fly forever and free :) I lost mine 3 yrs ago.BTW nice plane. Maybe make one with your dads image on the side,like the old B-25 bombers, with his rank in the military also. Just throwing ideas as to what i would do, if i was a designer. Well, keep those models coming, their great :)Best regards,Joseph C.aka =Wingnut=

Beautiful sentiments, and my condolences for your loss.Vonat

My sympathies to you and yours. I lost my father when I was 17. I'm 61 now and I don't think a day has gone by since then when I don't think of him in one context or another. Best wishes,Sherman KaplanHighland Park IL

And some question whether we are a true community. I think your message truly answers that.Bill, between dashing hither and yon today, I somehow missed your message earlier. That is one of the most powerful and inspiring messages I have read. To your father; god speed! To you; family, emotions, love and remembrance come first. Invest in them - they will sustain you. We'll see you when it is time.

Like Tom, I missed this one the last time I was checking through the forum. First, I am sorry to hear about your loss and I think you uploaded a beautiful and fitting tribute for your Dad.Your post is also such a breath of fresh air and a reminder for the rest of us to keep things in perspective in this hobby of ours. Good to see you are. Thanks!

Along with the other messages here, I too pass on condolences to you and yours.I lost my father 3 days before my 21st birthday a number of years ago.It was because of my father, who was in charge of the heliport in the city of Melbourne, Australia, that I got my love of flying, and of course, flight simming!Be strong, over time it gets easier - You never forget, but it hurts a little less.All the best.

Hi Bill,I'm sorry to hear that your Dad passed away. I live on the other side of the world to my Dad, which I know I will regret when his time comes.Bruce.

Guest jase439

Inspiring. Bill, what a warm and tender sentiment to your father. Thank you for sharing that memory. Truly, a refreshing breath of fresh air for this community.Blue skies and a following wind to your father.J

Sorry about your loss, Bill. I lost my gradfather when I was 20 yrs old. It's not easy losing loved ones. God bless you and your family and I know you will come through alright. It took a great deal of inner fortitude to release that repaint after your loss. It's a great looking repaint and I will download it and take a flight in honor of your dad. I too feel he will be proud of what you've done.God Bless,--T