Sign in to follow this  

I am curious What if?

Guest eko

TOUGH question. :-)DHC6-300 Twin Otter Amphibian (Canadian Rescue Paint)Custom Otter panel I made for myself.The DHC6 pro sound package.I might not be able to get there in a hurry, but I can take her anywhere I want. :-)

Great Responce ,Thank you :)This is just what I wanted and the reason is I have not most of the aircraft mentioned as a "only"Aircraft so this is a Great Way of Seeing What I am missing ,because if you would have it as a only Aircraft then it Must be real good :)Anniette xxxxxxxxxxx

AnnietteI think what is most interesting is that most people have gone for a big jet. Funny that, in a way, as the beauty of FS2002 over previous versions is the VFR improvement and the myriad small airports which all those big payware birds have to overfly. Not to mention, the opportunity with GA aircraft to fly the mountain gorges and so on.Do you think people are missing out on the smaller stuff? I wonder how many people, out of interest, limit their flying to established US carrier routings?Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitak.htmlhttp://www.swiremariners.com/reds.htmlhttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitakv3.jpg

Great observation Mark, I noticed this to reading this thread. I love to "stop and smell the roses" so to speak. Flying an ulralite thru the Grand Canyon, Bell 47 tours thru the Cayman Islands, taking the Stearman Biplane across the Australian countryside, and bush flying in a Piper Cub in the snow are just a few of the wonders I have experienced in FS2002, but when I am coming home, touching down at KDFW in a POSKY 747 is very satisfying as well! :-)Michael

Best, Michael

KDFW

Hi,Delta 767-300, own panel (The best 767-300 ever?!), flying USA.phjvh

Guest Pabra

At the moment I enjoy posky's crj-200; great exterior, interior and crisp dvc (especially at night!)in BA livery, waiting for Lufthansa colors. The whole a/c is 3d, no paperthin fuselage or cockpit windowframe, but amazingly not a big framekiller! My nr.1 choice.PaulBrand

Anniette,What a question ... very difficult ... so many aircraft and liveries, how could a person have a favorite.Type.....Flights........Distance.........HoursPSSA320.....53...........32384............103PSSA319.....34...........21433.............66DF B734.....17............8536.............30PIC B763....10............8775.............26PSS B744.....4............4361.............11PSS B772.....1.............705..............2PSS A321.....1.............465..............2_____________________________________________ Totals.....120...........76659............240This is a summary of my simming From May 1 to Sept 6 ... and it represents an around the world journey beginning at Funchal, Madeira (LPMA) ending at Funchal, Madeira traveling 76,659 nautical miles and visiting 120 destinations on every continent except Antarctica. Each leg was in a livery which "sort of" matched who might fly there. Africa was difficult, so I used the "Anniette SAA A320" and Martinair POSKY 763, for southern Africa and Indian Ocean destinations.Statistically I am addicted to the A320 and A319. I used the CIA World Fact Book to remind myself about each country I visited ... I have always been a geography nut and map freak.This is truly an amazing hobby. Always relaxing and interesting to fly 400-800 miles or so each night after working all day .. So THANKS to EVERYONE who makes this FUN and INTERESTING.Sorry I souldn't give an EXACT answer to your question!!!

Guest RobK

This is a tough decision for me considering that I love flying both GA planes flying low and slow enjoying the great scenery and flying the big heavy guys.Right now my choice would be the DF Archer II. When FSD releases their Seneca V, then that will most likely be my number one choice. My second choice for now would have to be POSKY's CRJ-200 with Tim Pinkawa's United Express livery. I don't have a favorite panel because I prefer to spend all or at least most of my time in the VC. :)Rob

Guest Reddog

Have to go with Bear! Love the Goose andit's about all I've been flying. texture wise is hard, I have 30 in my Goose file and like them all, just one I guess it would be Golden Goose by Garry Smith.By the way Bear that's a sharp looking one you have there.http://www.enter.net/photoalbum/data/reddog/164463.jpgSceenshots and Pics athttp://comunity.webshots.com/user/reddog18951USMC Retired

Let me think, if I was stuck on a deserted island with my PC with FS2002 installed and no internet connection and some strange left over computer virus destroyed all the planes in my aircraft directory, except one..... I would want it to be a twin engine GA plane. I really love the DF Cessna 421. I spend most most of my time in that one........No wait, it would be the beaver so I can do bush flying, on the other hand having one of the heavies would be good as they are challenge to fly , but then practicing aerobatics in a small bi-plane is great too. That is cool thing about FS2002. I get to FLY THEM ALL!!! :-yellow1

While I would heavily lean toward the Grumman Goose in the Conch Air livery, I think I would have to go with my hot air balloon also in the Conch Air livery. Some may say those aren't very much fun to fly, but I would have to strongly disagree with you. I used to fly them (in the real world) out west before moving to the islands. Balloons don't require as much fuel, don't really need an airstrip and don't need the other fancy things we slap on our planes. Just a patch of land and no power lines!! Sure it's tough to fly in 17+knot winds, but oh well. There's just something about floating in the air and flying the winds...Regards,HarryKey West, FL