Sign in to follow this  
Guest JonP01

Why register to download Weather Maker??

HiI want to downlaod the Weather Maker Personal edition that's on the front page but i am trying to figure out why you have to give your full name and e-mail address...if it's freeware why do they want my name and e-mail and it won't register unless I tick the "Receive Info E-mails" button...it gives error unless you tick that. :-rollSo that's my question...why do i need to give my name and e-mail? Mike

Good question. Was going to download, but when that came, why bother.. Perfer real weather any how...

Can't understand it either. What I do is give a fake name and email addy.

Duh! the main page says "Solutions 4 Business" and the partners page doesn't work the about us doesnt work, the services link doesnt work, I wonder what other junk mail we would get if we actually got this. Forget it, I don't need it that bad!Cas

Then check your system with Ad-Aware to make sure nothing else gets put on!!!Cas

Im downloading the software as I type...but am a little irritated by the fact that when I attempted to register with the spam emails box left unchecked...the server SQL wouldnt work to give me the Download. When I finally DID check the box...download came no problem. Will have to make sure to put the emails as they arrive on the spambot kill list..Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

Guest Twister

Hi,I started downloading the software (at an extremely slow pace...server congestion ?) and read the posts in this thread in the meantime.You guys opened my eyes: this thing smells like some kind of malicious trick.If this package is freeware, why would you need information such as e-mail, names, etc...?Why would you force us to accept your e-mail messages as a prior condition to downloading ?I cancelled the download.I'll stick to my downloaded real weather for now.Twister

yeah well, i never give out my e-mail no matter what. I set up a Yahoo e-mail which i use to register to these type of sites in case they need confirmation etc. and after a few weeks I cancel the account and open another one. Works for me. My main e-mail has not received any junk in months...only the Yahoo one, which closes once in a while. :DI never give my name either..I always use something like Donald Duck for my name. Pretty sneaky that if won't work if you don't accept the e-mails but they can send as many as they want to the fake mail i gave... so if you have alrady entered your e-mail then go ahead and finish downloading it...you might as well finish if you gave your mail.Take careMike

Guest nitram

I think that you Guys are just too Paranoid and expect a Free Lunch !It's quite simple really, how often do you work for other people for nothing ? These people obviously are starting their own business and are creating a database of potential future customers. You always have the choice of not buying their future products or having yourself removed from their mailing list at a later date.As a web business owner myself, my websites cost money to register, create, run and if you have excessive downloads cost extra for bandwidth. If you think that everything should be FREE I suggest that you put your hand in your own Pockets and try it yourselves !Regards Nitram UK

Guest CapHavoc

Howdy,Well, gave me email address (don't faze me if I get junk mail, get enough already, wot's a few more?) and d/l'd the programme ... unzipped it, hit the setup.exe, and ... told I have outdated .dll files (?huh?, that's news to me ... considering how I'm really up to date with this sorta thing) and the programme will install these and then to reboot. "Okay", thinks to self. Allow Windoze to reboot, hit setup.exe, and ... same thing. Do this five times with the same result before throwing the zip file into the ReCycle Bin and hitting the del key. Anyone else experience the same (or similar) problems?

I am having the same problem as CapHavoc.Did anyone actually got this to work?!what a waste of time :(

Do you have the latest FSUIPC installed? That may be the .dll error you are seeing.Regards,Owen

This happened to me also. The dlls are old Windows system files. Just unpack the Weathermaker.cab file and read the Readme.txt. I did use the program last night and I was impressed with it.

I got the program-I haven't had a lot of time with it but it looks terrific!I assume the registration is for a) notification when a "pro" (e.g. possibly payware) version is released, or notification of future updates.If not-I don't really care. For free for a program this good if they want to put my name on a some mailing lists, just like the other hundreds of other unwanted email I get a day I'll live with it.I'd like to thank the programers for a great, needed addition to FS.http://members.telocity.com/~geof43/Geofdog2.gif