Sign in to follow this  
Guest JonP01

Why register to download Weather Maker??

Guest Andrew

I also like this program very much as my Internet conection is bad and I can't keep updating the weather from the net. This program fixed that problem.No I don't care about the Email spaming and for a program this good its worth the hastle. Andrew Simmons

Guest Steve_Park

Yep, had the same results...setup telling me my "Files were out of date.", click ok to install new files or cancel to exit setup. After the 1 hour download at a blazing 832 Bytes Per Sec. rate, I did want to see if this program did anything worth keeping. After three reboots, I gave up on "Setup". I just used winzip to extract the first few .dll's and the exe program into the same directory. Clicked on the .exe and all is just fine. Have to have FS2002 running and the programs reports a connection to FSUIPC and does creat some pretty hairy weather if you choose.Steve ParkKSDFwww.flightbase2000.com

Guest abent

You guys that said it worked fine, I have a question for you. How are the weather transitions? When using other weather generators, the transitions are very awkward. One minute a few clouds, in a flash, a thunder storm. I would love to get it if the transitions are gradual and smooth (realistic).Thanks for the advice in advance,Adam

Adam,I've only made one flight with it so far, about a one hour IFR flight with fairly bad weather conditions, and the transitions were VERY smooth, hardly noticeable most of the time.BTW I'd recommend using Download Accelerator to get this, only took about 20 minutes and one resume to get it. Regular downloads kept getting stuck.Clyde

Guest abent

Thanks a bunch, Clyde. Just what I wanted to hear! Gonna download it right away.Adam

Guest WilliamD

I downloaded Weather Maker and gave them the info they required. The program seemed to work as advertised, though it only asks for temperature, dewpoint, and type of front (low pressure, high, approaching cold or warm.) Additionally you have three (count them) severity and momentum settings.I wasn't sure about the temp and dew point settings, so I set the weather in FS2002 first, and then just used those values in Weather Maker.

Guest ScottPilot

I'm glad that Weather Maker is free, because it isn't very good. When running Weather Maker, FS2K2 slows to a crawl. Also, it screwed up my graphics settings in FS2K2. Everything appears blocky now and I fear that I am going to have to re-install FS2K2 now. This will takes me several hours to do because of all the enhanced scenery and aircraft that I have installed.Needless to say, this will be a major pain!I'm sure glad that I didn't purchase this program!Scott :-mad :-mad :-mad :-mad

hi.I also downloaded it and took about 30 minutes with cable connection and Download Accelerator lol.Installed it and rebooted and installed again and it worked perfectly. Made a quick test flight from KDFW to KLAX and started with a slight rain which turned into thunderstorm later... well my FS2002 crashed which i'm not sure what caused it was it the program or something else. I will try it again tomorrow.The program worked well though.Jani

Scott,I didn't have any trouble with it at all here.. frame rates stayed the same as usual and no graphics problems. It's only modifying the weather through the well-proven fsuipc interface so I can't imagine how it would mess with your graphics settings. If the frame rate problems occur when clouds are visible you may need to use fsuipcs option to limit cloud layer heights. Just one thought..Clyde

I just took it out for a flight with a cold front and cruddy stuff to the max.It is quite amazing-kinda like the real flights I took today. I think this is a great program-the price can't be beat but watching the weather change in a gradual but realistic way is really cool. I haven't seen any performance problems whatsoever.http://members.telocity.com/~geof43/Geofdog2.gif

Guest JonP01

If people are still looking for a good weather generating program, then I would recommend "Wetter 2002". This is payware, but imho very good value. If you don't wish to suffer any performance loss, then you can just get it to generate a full set of weather before you fly and then load it up into the sim as you would the default weather. I have also found the weather generated by this program to be as realistic as I have a right to expect given the shortcomings of the sim itself. With smooth transitions enabled in the FSUIPC module, it really is a great weather experience.