Sign in to follow this  
gosta

Flight Sim 2002 on D drive / had to reformat C drive...

ok guys can anyone help me out herei have two drives on my computer a C: and a D: now for safety issues (not losing my whole C: drive info) i purposely installed fs2002 on D drivewell anyway last week i had to do a complete reformat of c drive because the computer was constantly rebooting randomly,i reformatted c:/ and reinstalled win98SEthen everything was fine, i immediately went to D drive and seen if FS2002 was still there, i lost the desktop icon of Fs2002 because of the reformat however i simply made a shortcut from the D drivefs2002 works fine, however now i cant get any other addons to work such as Scombo or install any other PAI planes because it keeps asking for Fs2002 -it cant reconise i do have Fs2002 on d drivehelp!cause i dont wanna reinstall Fs2002 again

Hi I think the problem is since you reinstalled windows you now do not have a registry entrie for fs2002. you will most likely have to reinstall. You should be able to do this without losing any add ons.good luck. keith

Guest Edam

...or you can reinstall to D: as the above person said.

i did reinstall it to D: drive in the first placei cant install it again cause it will uninstall the current version of Fs2002 before reinstalling it

What I might do is copy all of the "aircraft" "sounds" "gauges" folders etc...anywhere you might have added stuff. Then reinstall the game. Once it's installed, just copy those folders back, overwriting the default ones and I imagine you shouldn't loose anything.Hope that helps!

Guest Edam

>i did reinstall it to D: drive in the first place >>i cant install it again cause it will uninstall the current >version of Fs2002 before reinstalling it OK, there was some confusion there. I thought that you had reinstalled to D: after the format. E-mail me.

It seems that your FS registry entry is missing. You can add it manually by copying the following text into notepad , then save it as 'FS2002.reg':REGEDIT4[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator8.0]"Zone"="http://zone.msn.com/asp/fs02redir.asp""Version"="8.0""Retail"="1""Launched"="1""PID"="xxxxx-xxx-xxxxxxx-xxxxx""EXE Path"="C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFS2002""CDPath"="D:""VersionType"="RetailVersion""InstalledGroup"="34359681309""LangID"=dword:00000009Under 'PID=' enter your serial number. If you don't know it, just pop in the FS2002 CD, it will appear on the screen before the installation starts. Under 'EXE Path' enter the directory where FS is installed. Once this is done, double click on the file and the registry entry will be added. That's it, and everything should be fine.Cheers,Gosta.P.S.: If you're experiencing problems with starting FS, e-mail me using the address in the profile.

hi Gostathanks for that,well i just reinstalled the fs2002 over the top, because it couldnt recongise i already had fs2002 installed it didnt uninstall it,so reinstalled it,now everything works perfectthanks for all your help

Hi there,glad to hear it's all working again. You could always keep the registry entry for next time, just save yours by opening the registry editor, the entry is under HKEY LOCAL MACHINE/Microsoft/Microsoft Games/Flight Simulator/FS2002. Open it, then go into file/export and save it to a location of your choice. It will contain all the information, so no need to edit it, just double click on it, and the registry entry will be put back.Cheers,Gosta.

hihow do i get to HKEY LOCAL MACHINE/Microsoft/Microsoft Games/Flight Simulator/FS2002 do i need a reg editor or something?thx

No, just go into your 'Start' menu, click on 'Run', type 'regedit', and there it is. The actual location is HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Microsoft Games/Flight Simulator/8.0. Sorry, forgot the 'software' bit and the fact that FS is entered by version (i.e. 8.0), rather thatn name (i.e. FS2002).Hope this helps,Cheers,Gosta.