Sign in to follow this  
Guest Stamatis

Smoooooooooooth P4......Smooothh!!!!.......Umba-baby!

Yes, I see the same thing Brad. I have the LOD at -.5 and with the AA set to either 2x or off I start to see the shimmering return. It's fine at 4x and 4xS. TripNorthwood 2.2a at 2.72Ghz Abit TH7II-R512MB Samsung 40ns PC800Gainward 64MB GF4 Ti4200 300/57030.82's DX8.1 WinXP ProInwin case / Enermax 431W PSU3DMark2001SE = 13089http://service.madonion.com/compare?2k1=4330740

Yeah, me too. FSAA 2x is "OK" but not fab; at 4x, even better (but, man, what a fps hit!!). At zero, there is texture shimmer of varying amounts and a slightly watery or sliding effect to some building textures.JS

Hey John:I ran the FS2002 POSKY 777 for the first time on the P4 last nite. Wow, it is fantastically gorgeous to view and runs at good frames. It seems to be better engineered in terms of textures than the POSKY 744s. It is so sweet, I love it. Thanks to you and your team!JS

Guest Wichita

If its off in the display settings in FS that doesn't mean its off,it could actually be running at 4X AA depending on your cards settings.You need to exit FS and check it out in the AA setting for your card and disable it there. I still run with Quincunx which is a watered down 4XAA. The difference between Quincunx and 4X is about 7-8 fps on my computer.David

Any probs with the Radeon 9700 Pro?? Unfortunately the ATI line does not do with with stereo shutter glasses, but outside of this issue I have been very interested in picking up a 9700 Pro. Folks were having probs with it in FS, but it appears you are doing ok?Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Guest Stamatis

"If its off in the display settings in FS that doesn't mean its off,it could actually be running at 4X AA depending on your cards settings."And the opposite is also true: If you are running FS in Window mode, then checking the AA box inside FS does absolutely nothing. If you want AA while running FS in Window mode, you need to set it via your card's settings.Stamatis

Guest Stamatis

"I have the LOD at -.5 and with the AA set to either 2x or off I start to see the shimmering return."Strange.. I thought AA is about eliminating "jaggies"...I thought Anisotropic Filtering is what is required to offset the shimmering effect of low (negative) LOD settings...Stamatis

Guest Stamatis

Nice! :-)But I would be interested to see the ground textures from a high cruising altitude, say FL370 or similar. Can you post a front Cockpit view from such an altitude please?Stamatis

Sorry, but what is or what are.....LOD settings?Thanks.JS

Guest Stamatis

LOD= Level Of DetailIt is a video card setting that basically defines the distance that textures will still look sharp. Lower values mean increased sharpness. The downside is shimmering.Stamatis

No problems at all with one exception. The new Dash 7 will not work with it. Don't know why. It works fine on my GTS64 but not on the 9700. Tried it without the panel and sound and still won't run. Other than that, it's been smooth sailing.

That's full scene anti-aliasing. It gets rid of all the jaggies and swimming textures and makes everything look picture perfect. I won't run without it; but don't really notice any big framerate hit with it on. I've run at 4xAA & 16xAF; 6xAA & 16xAF; and 4xAA & 8xAF. Currently using the last one. Gonna try 6xAA & 8xAF when I get back from vacation. I'm noticing just a very slight texture swim in distance terrain textures every now and then running 4xAA & 8xAF during the mid day hours. I'm still trying to figure out whether that's the 4xAA or 8xAF that's causing that. I suspect the anistropic filtering at 8xAF is the culprit there. Everythings perfect at 4xAA & 16xAF and saw no noticeable difference between that and 6xAA & 16xAF. So 4xAA definitely takes care of any jaggies near or far. Framerates hang at 20 locked at 20 with ATC at default settings. Notice 18 landing at big airports with demanding heavy iron. Just a slight framerate hit but smooth as silk. Raising the ATC definitely hits the framerate indicating that's strickly a function of the processor.