Sign in to follow this  
Bob Familton

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!! check this site out ! live aircraft l

Guest captbulldog

Yep. Pretty cool. I saw this on the news long time ago. It was intended to be used by residence near airport (LAX came first) to quickly identify aircrafts that with excessive noise. The idea is, if you live near LAX, and a roaring loud plane flies over your house on final, you can quickly identify the plane on your computer, like UA1234 for example, and you then report to the authority "hey, UA1234 just flew over my house". It's supposed to help identifying loud planes. That's about it.

Guest Vulcho

Hey!!!My city is there! I've seen the site before. Don't remember it showing my city in it though! I was on the 405 today, and saw an American Eagle Jetstream, Southwest 737 and a Aeroflot 767 land-yeah, was in a bit of traffic. :) I wonder how "realtime" this thing is. Maybe next time I'll call my mom when she is coming back from work and ask her if she sees a plane. But, yeah, cool site.http://turnhead.com/dot/alex/banner-retro-cool.gif

well after sept 11 they soon took all that off including the arrival destination and aircraft IDwhat a pity

Guest Dominique

to see two actual STAR merge is really fascinatingD

Guest abent

Yeah this is really awesome! Thanks for the links. Watched a couple airports for over an hour last night. Now all we need is some brilliant 3rd party designer to link this to FS2K2's AI system! Now that would be cool! :-kewl Adam

yes i must agree... they are great ! the only inconvenient is there is a slight delay in flight tracks of about 10mn for security reasons...too badHenry. CYXT

The flight number, departing and arrival destinations are only reported if you use the replay option to play back tracks from previous days. And i can't find a JFK site. Looks like there isn't ... http://www4.passur.com/lga.html just replace the airport code (in this case 'lga') in the URL to whichever you seek to see if it's there.:-beerchug