Sign in to follow this  

Questions about online flying

Guest A32X

Hi,I've just started to 'explore' flying online. I'd like to know how to put the SB Host 'inside?' FS2002 as I've seen on many screenshots in the SS forum. Also, I only had one controller at 11:00UTC in the UK, it was EGLL APP, is that normal? He was great though. Also, I couldn't take off becuase an aircraft was doing a "Touch n Go" but I couldn't hear/read what the controller and other aircraft were saying. Are they using Roger Wilco?Finally, can anyone recomend any tips or programs other than the normal. Also, when VATSIM is busy.Many ThanksPaul

Hi,I mainly fly online in Europe and it gets busy around 1800 GMT onwards. Usually a few airports in the UK have some sort of ATC in the evening. The program you are looking for to put SB into FS2002 is called HostSB. I think it is available from the file library if not do a search for it on google. Roger Wilco is a fantastic program for voice comms and if you have onboard sound and a seperate sound card you can use one for FS2K2 sounds and the other with a Headset for Roger Wilco (As Real As It Gets!). Other good programs include AIBridge which allows your TCAS (PSS A320, DF737 Etc.) to show mutiplayer traffic, ServInfo which lists all ATC and Pilots connected to the network and FSMeteo which downloads realworld weather as you fly.Enjoy your online experience.CheersCJ