Sign in to follow this  
Guest flightpro08

Windows XP and FS 2002 Pro

Guest Stanner1953

I am considering buying a new system (Pentium 4 2.53 GHz processor,512 RDRAM with a ATI Radeon 9700 Pro 256-bit DDR memory graphics card,17" Dell Ultrasharp Digital Flat Panel Display etc.,) with Windows XP Home edition OS. Questions:1. Will I be able to operate FS 2002 Pro with all the display sliders set to maximum without a significant hit to the frame rate?2. Is a digital flat monitor preferable to a regular monitor?3. What frame rates can I expect with the above system, assuming that the displays sliders are set to maximum?4. Is the Radeon 9700 graphics card preferable to the nVidia GeForce 4 Ti 4600? I have a choice of installing either card.Thanks.Stanner

Guest RiddlePilot

Better check the max res. on that flat panel (not saying I know what it is). Unless you don't mind 1024x768, you might wanna stick to regular CRT screen. ERAU just bought some Dell P4s, in the 2 GHz range, and the tecchies maxed all the options in FS2002 out and it runs fairly smooth. They only have a Radeon VE card in them as well.

Guest flightpro08

Stay away from the ATI 9700. Go with a GeForce4 128MB Ti4600. I'd also recommend a CRT monitor. Go with either a 19" or a 21" one.Ryan-Flightpro08 :-coolVATSIM Pilot/ControllerZLA ARTCC Controller 1 (C-1)SAN TRACON Lead [link:www.taxiwaysigns.com]Taxiwaysigns.com Scenery Designer-----------------------------My "Home Made" System Specs:Intel Pentium 4 2.2GHz ProcessorTurbo Gamer ATX Mid-Tower with 420W Power SupplyEPoX 4G4A Motherboard with Intel 845G ChipsetVisiontek XTASY GeForce4 128MB Ti4600 (Det 40.41 Drivers)512MB PC2100 DDR RAM40GB Matrox 7200RPM Hard DriveWindows XP Home Edition*No CPU or GPU Overclocking*3dMark2001SE Score: 11298