Sign in to follow this  
Guest Milton

Dash 7 system crash

Guest SD Sim

Hi all,I installed the new Dash 7 this morning. I started MSFS and had just started up the engines when I tried to switch from windowed to full-screen view. This caused my system to lock up solid. Now when I try to start with the Dash 7, MSFS crashes back to the desktop. The other aircraft appear to be fine (so far). I made the foolish mistake (in my opinion) to extract directly into the MSFS2K2 root folder (rather than extract to a seperate folder then add everything myself). Rather than try to fish everything back out and reinstall, I thought I would just try and reinstall over the first installation. Are there any other ideas that anyone has?Edit - I fixed the problem with the reinstall. The second time I let the installation overwrite existing guage and sound files. The first time I didn't. Hopefully someone else will read this and not make the same mistake (if indeed this was the problem). However, now I have static in my sound, which I'll have to fix.

Guest Milton

Hi David,Thanks for downloading and trying the Dash 7.It seems on some system configutions (5 instances I know of) the gauges cause this problem. Reloading the gauges to the system folder corrects this.The sound issue has been reported by 4 users.Both these problems are documented at the Dash 7 support site listed in your documentation. I'll post the link here for you.Known Problems and FAQS: http://www.flightsimonline.com/faqs/Hope this helps you get enjoyment out of the Dash 7.Milton

Guest SD Sim

Hi Milton,I've now had the opportunity to fly the Dash 7 for about an hour. What can I say but, spectacular. You and the rest of the team have done a fantastic job. I can already tell that this is going to be a permanent member of the very limited collection of aircraft I fly. Thank you for sharing it with us. I can easily tolerate the crackling sound considering all the other magnificent features of the D7.

I've been beating the crap out of FS2002 on my 9700 all day. Working perfect till I loaded the Dash 7. Locked up solid as soon as I selected the aircraft. Didn't even get to the runway. Other than that, I'm having a blast. Don't know if I should try it again without the gauges. Maybe I'll do that to see if that was the problem. It runs perfect on my GTS64.

Guest Milton

Please reload the gauges to the Gauge folder to see if that resolves the issue for you. This has worked on every instance so far. (Six reported I think out of 19,500 downloads.)Let us know please.Milton

I'll do that tommorrow. First, I'll try it without the gauges. hehehe. What a beautiful aircraft it is. Thank you so much. Looking forward to all the great liveries that'll follow.

Well Milton; I guess I'll have to fly your terrific plane on my GTS64 on the other machine in 16bit color where it works perfect. I removed all the gauges and panel on the new machine and aliased to another panel. She locked up solid when I selected the Dash7 again. Also got a loud high pitched sound from the sound system. So thinking it might be a sound problem, I removed the sounds and aliased that to another airplane. She locked up solid again when I selected the Dash7. So, same story without the original panel and sound folders. After each hard reboot, an error report showed up on when it restarted. "Radeon 9700 caused an error" so it said. Other than that one particular aircraft every works super. Got about 2gigs worth on so far. Gonna stop for a while.

mgdbottledI am using almost the same system as your's mine is a p4 2.8G with an ATI 9700 and experiencing the exact same problem Please if you find a solution be kind to post it.Bert2

Bert2; That's good to know. Must be something to do with the 9700. It's not the gauges and not the sounds cause I removed them both. Three hardlocks was enough for me. Must be either the airfile or the model cause that's about the only thing left?So tell me; has your flight simming experience changed?? hehehe. Quite a WOW factor for me. Everything running OK?? Post some pics!!

Mgdbottled;Thanks for answering but it happens to me only when I switch to tower view might be a texture problem also.The ATI 9700 works fine with all my other aircrafts payware or freeware and by the way I beleive the Ati 9700 has been the best investment I ever made for FS as you said, it is quite a wow factor for me to I upgrated from a gforce ti 4600.I get around 28 fps on the ground at KMCO with simflyer airport lots of traffic rain and also with almost everything maxed so far so good I have it for a week and no problem I wish I can post some pics but don't know how to do that.Sorry for any mistakes but english is not my first languageBert2

Plane works flawlessly for me with a cheap PCI Video card ;-0))) Tomorrow I get my P4 2.4 Rig though with XP, this outta be a learning experience ;-))

Haven't got off the ground yet myself. As soon as I try to access the Radio Stack to set my radios, FS collapses with a DXDIAG error. Reinstalled the gauges, still happens. Will keep trying ... but also will keep monitoring this thread!Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitak.htmlhttp://www.swiremariners.com/reds.htmlhttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitakv3.jpg

Guest Milton

Mark,Try the default 737 panel as this is the stack used in the Dash 7. Let me know please.Milton

Guest Milton

I am so sorry you two are experiencing this problem. So far, yours is the only issues I've heard on this card, so maybe you can try to isolate and share your experiences.I am running a low-end 350mhz (do you believe I designed this aircraft on this??? lol) and a PCI card. It seems XP and newest cards are the ones having the problems though they have been extremely light.Maybe others will join in here and highlite any unreported problems.Now, with over 20,000 downloads, these are the only outstanding issues that I'm aware of.Please keep us informed. :-)Milton