Sign in to follow this  

FS Meteo- Wrongfully Accused

My FSMeteo stopped working the other day and I wrote Marc and he says to many people have my version. This has happened to someone else I know also. I have not given FSMeteo out to no one. I just purchased it less than a month ago. Heck I just purchased FS2002 two months ago, I am a newbie to flightsims. I am just learning how to fly and do this stuff and now I buy this software and cant use it. I wrote him back but no replies. Is anyone else having a problem with him. This just isnt right. If he wants me to buy it again I will just cause I like the software, but however he thinks that I have given my version out to anyone is a mistake on his part. Has anyone else been accused of this?Yohauwn

Guest KenG

Well, I have had nothing but great experiences in dealing with Marc. He's a good guy. He just announced an update to FSMeteo (costs money to upgrade if you've owned it over a year; well worth it) so he may be a bit innundated with email right now. Give him time to respond and explain your case with tact. Don't get testy with him or you won't get anywhere. He really does provide outstanding support and is a great guy.

Guest Murf

Fantastic product and wonderful support. I've always received a reply to my emails to Marc.

Same here! Watch out, if you put it on more than one computer with different IP addresses, you could be screwed over too!I have been and Marc, is not answering my emails. I've offered to provide proof of my purchase to him with still no reply!This whole thing stinks of GREED!! As far as I'm concerened he is trying to get more money from us. He probably has no future plans to update it and is trying to get every penny before he runs to the Carribean!

Guest Jeff S KDTW

Fred ->>This whole thing stinks of GREED!! As far as I'm concerened he is trying to get more money from us. He probably has no future plans to update it and is trying to get every penny before he runs to the Carribean! That is ridiculous. Over the many years that I have been in this "community", I have never heard of Marc treating anybody less than respectfully. He has provided a number of free updates over the years, and is finally charging for this one (which I gladly paid).Anyway, please continue to email him. I am certain he will reply and help you out. Just be patient. :-)Regards,http://mywebpages.comcast.net/jsnyder99/sigs/gaphoto.jpg | [LINK:www.airliners.net/search/photo.search?photographersearch=Jeffrey%20L.%20Snyder&distinct_entry=true|AIRLINERS.NET PHOTOS] [link:www.biblegateway.com/bgaudio/english/NIV/Max%20McLean/RM/bgaudio.pl?selection=1|AUDIO BIBLE] ] JEFF_S_KDTW@YAHOO.COM[/font

Fred,How you can say this whole thing stinks of greed is beyond me. I've owned FS Meteo since it first came out and on numerous occasions, wrote Marc asking for him to send me a "new" copy because I had to reinstall Windows and lost everything. Within 24 hours my file was in my in-box. Also, Marc eveolved FS Meteo to FS2K2 standards within days of FS2K2's release unlike the weeks/months some other payware authors took.Instead of "offering" to provide the proof, just provide it! If you bought it and have a proof of purchase, send it over to Marc and see what comes of it. You may be surprised to find a file in your in-box within a few hours.Mikehttp://www.members.shaw.ca/madamo/boeingsig.jpg

Guest sbdwag

"Same here! Watch out, if you put it on more than one computer with different IP addresses, you could be screwed over too!"Dont think so.I cant count how many new computers I have had since I first purchased FSMeteo. I also have had three different ISP providers in that same period. And right now I am running FSMeteo on two computers.One my server that I use WideFS and FsFlightMax on and the other one is my main computer that I run FS2k2 on. I have recieved all my updated since Jan 2001 no questions askDennishttp://wagsterstuff.com/wsslogo.jpgwww.wagsterstuff.com

I will be patient. I just want it to work. I have installed here home and on my computer at my office. I think that is where he thinks that I have given it to someone else. But there is never two of my versions running at the same time cause I can only be at one place or the other. I dont mind paying for another version if he says I need to. But if I buy another version I expect two working versions. One I can use at home and one I use in my office computer. I dont want no problems at all just want what is right fully mine. I am not looking to cheat anyone. Just a little irritating on the weekend when I usually on my computer and I cant use my software.I will wait, it sounds like he is busy. Shawn

no problems at all .... great service has always been provided by marc.Henry. CYXT

Maybe somebody's lifted it off your office computer.Peter Sydney Australia

I work in a family business, there is three of us there and they dont even know what fs2002 is. Besides I take care of all the computers there and no one has access to my harddrive.

Fred & Shaun,I'm with Jeff on this one.I have used FS Meteo since I started simming in 1998 and have NO problems with FS Meteo or Marc, in fact his customer service is second to none, maybe equalled by John at FSFlightMax.So unless something has fundimentally changed with the new version your assumptions are totally wrong.As Jeff says, with a new version out he is probably so busy with that he hasn't had time to reply to e-mails.As to the IP address thing that is certainly nonsense, at least up to V5.1. Like most (all?) people with dial-up connections my IP address would change on each connection and as stated above I have had NO problems with FS Meteo.Hope you both receive satisfactory replies within the next day or so.Rgds

I agree, it must be a mis-understanding of some sort. I got my new copy just now btw, so he's still hard at work sending them all out, give it a day or so.