Sign in to follow this  

FS Meteo- Wrongfully Accused

Guest goon

I've never had anything but exemplary service from Marc. In fact, see that new feature to reduce visibility when the METAR indicates rain or snow? Well, I emailed Marc a few weeks ago with this suggestion (I'm sure I can't have been the only one) and he replied within an hour to see what he could do. And there it is in the new build!Regards,Gareth Evans

Funny thing...While reading this thread, there's an email alert and guess what's in the mailbox...?Exactly! :-)I'm quite sure Marc doesn't deserve to be offended when we don't give him the time to react.Otto

I'm glad to see most here use the product with no problems. I use(unfortunately)a dialup connection and have to admit for quite a long period of time i've had a problem with slow download times, sometimes no download, and also I often get(what I assume)is a corrupted file(more than likely from the wx source, not FSMeteo)that just gives me an error and exits the program. When it does work it's great(difference between default and FSMeteo weather-wise?)but it's been 50-50 at best for me. Because of this I must admit lately i've just been using FS2k2's default WX. Judging by the number of users here that have no problems with FSMeteo i'd say it's more than likely my setup, but i'll hold off on the update until I can figure out what the problem is. This is by no means a flame on FSMeteo, I encourage anyone who does not have it to give it a try, my only purpose for posting this is to see if others with dialup connections have experienced similar problems.