Sign in to follow this  

Microsoft

Fermin, To be more precise, I am talking about the addons download categories: scenery, aircraft, sound, utility. The simers mass download and popularity for Msfs. In the others hand, this open letter would be very important if it was concerned about scenery/aircraft/Ai traffic structure and compability in fs2004, all others stuff, sound, texture or anything else would be not so much important.I am not talking about any author works of any adventure, I know they are good files and hard works. Just don't understand the big worrie and step back I never saw any Fly! user writing an open letter about the non compability feature from Fly I to fly II and there is many non compatible. Radar Contact team is a good example, it works without APL from fs2000 to fs2002.Many people thinking about non compability for aircraft, scenery and speculating things about the futur compability of Msfs only for APL. It was very clear in the fs2002 sdk APL.If you want inovation and complex feature, you have to learn new tools and release a product with the latest tools and technologie if you want the full capability. Very difficult to have the best result and always have to preserving the old technologie and technique when new complex graphics, feature and inovation are available each years but always worried about fs98 8 bits files in fs2008. You should always prepared in the addons for Msfs. Even if all files works in each new version of msfs, the previous addons will not have the full capability of the latest engine feature in the sim, you know you have to works again and again, this is the pattern in Msfs. There is always a way to do it with new idea, I am sure the adventure feature if they have changed things, there will be another way to do it like before in fs2004, and the community of adventure will be happy.ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

T.Wood, If you have read the fs2004 preview from the 4 Flight Sim Web Site Avsim,simflight, flight and sim Microsoft web site, The engine core is from fs2002, and it is clearly said aircraft/scenery are compatible if they have followed MS' SDK's. The Apl things here was writted in the fs2002 sdk about the compability for the next release of msfs.And they don't use the cfs3 engine at all. ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Ralph, people are critically confused because you equated loss of adventure files to a failing on the part of Microsoft generally. This is your mistake.See my post below.Bob Bernstein

Ralph, you say that <>, but by your use of your title, which equates loss of adventure programs to a general statement that MSCOF is taking a step back, invites people to argue the value of adventures over what they enjoy from within the sim.Choose an accurate title, this debate would not ensue. Thus, you did cause it.Bob Bernstein

no one would criticize adventures, if you hadn't attempted to equate the loss of adventures to overall degredation of the sim.Choose an accurate title for your papaer, no criticizm of adventures would have been stated.Bob Bernstein

Hi Peter, "Having said that FS9 far exceeds FS2002 in many respects and is a much more realistic and polished experience.FS2002 looks dated in comparison."From a guys thats saw and use, fly! and Msfs series, you know what you are talking Peter :-)ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Bob,I agree with you. What you did with the add-ons that you have is create a very realistic and enjoyable flight. If I count correctly, it took 4 third party add-ons for you to create your flight the way you wanted it. FSUIPC that took you back to FS98 whether you knew it or not, Radar Contact, Active Sky , Wilco's 767 and FS Time. I fly nearly everyday, at least one flight such as yours, usually less than 1.5 hours and many days only 1/2 hour. I nearly always use real weather, either throught the Microsoft download or FSMeteo and then I might use Radar Contact or the default AI with RealATC files playing in the background throuh Enviro! for ambiance. I still have FS2000 on one computer here at home and still fly a ProFlight 2000 generated flight occassionallly. I also fly APL and APLC generated adventures becaszue they broaden my experince and I usually learn something from them. But, you are very wrong about adventures. They are not necessarily of a specific time, date and place. They can be written any way that the programmer wants. Adventures and what they can do are not necessarily meant to replace what you alreay have, but to supplement and expand one's flying experience as simply another form of enjoyment and a learning experience for a lot of would be pilots. APLC based adventures can be as broad (Like Pro Flight 2000) or as narrow (as what I did with 3 real flights) as the programmer chooses.Your comments and the comments of many others about FSUIPC are very well taken. But here's a line from the FSUIPC SDK: "Don

Bob, I respect your view, of course. Anyone who chose to publish the letter could have taken liberty with the title had they seen fit and where they chose to put it. It was written as a letter to the editor. The fact is I chose the title: "Microsoft

Thanks for the very kind remark.Ralph

Paul,Everyone appreciates the beauty of a plane and especially the technology that we have now in the modeled aircraft we are able to fly. Fact remains, as the Pilot In Command on a actual flight, you won't see the plane once your in the seat. So, if we strive to make our exprience as "real as it can get" (and isn't that what ALL of the add-ons try to help us do?), then I stand on the analagy that I made. Once in the cockpit and ready to fly, what's important are the panels, side views, virtual cockpits, flight instruments, radios, flight dyanamics, fuel consumption and the like. What the exterior of the plane looks like or what livery or what color scheme it may or may not be has no bearing on the flight itself. Nor does the fact that the model has working flaps, landing gear, spoilers, lights or anything else that is eye candy, so long as the flight dynamics are correct. This is not to take away from the long hours and labors of the talened plane and scenery designers in our midst who ask so little and give to freely to our hobby. As my budget allows, I'm the first one in line for new planes and scenery and have purchased most of the significant add-ons available over the years and I almost never have failed to get a new release of Flight Simulator (Microsofts and others) on the day of release. The technology and forward evolution of Flight Simulator is very exciting. But, so are APL and APLC adventures and sim pilots who have't taken a shot with them should before they can't. That all I said.

Well, well, what an interesting discussion we have here

Ralph, What's is adventures? :-xxrotflmao. Fs2004 could be a step back because the APL will be non existent anymore :-eek WOW all simmers are worried when 99.9% never talk anything about adventure and any wish or improvement for the futur version. You will find reply's to your letter extremely small and most are not aggree with you.Why you talk about this now, when it have been announced in the fs2k2 sdk couple month ago and the decision was already set.If the open letter was talking only about apl and not confusing anything about the entire fs2004 product as a step back, it will be more accurate and you would have less reply's to your post.BestJustin L

Justin,You have some good questions and my best answer has already been stated here in the forum but I will repeat it here for you.Anyone who chose to publish the letter could have taken liberty with the title had they seen fit and where they chose to put it. It was written as a letter to the editor. The fact is I chose the title: "Microsoft

Thank you for jumping in here Fermin with your expertise and support. BTW, I downloaded and installed your latest adventure yesterday. Hope to get around to flying it this week. Awesome interface.I've sure enjoyed the lievly discussion here. One thing is very clear and that's most simply don't understand what good APL programming can do and most that critize either haven't tried them or are too hung up in their own little corner to want to broaden their enjoyment, experience and education. And, there is certainly nothing wrong with that but the harshest crtics are still the ones who refuse to give this little niche of the flight simulator world a test flight.I am preparing Flight 9973(the most complex of the Three Real Flights) to make it slightly unrealistic in terms of time and weather to allow it to interface better with FS2002 and allow all of the AI traffic to be in motion to put it up on the realatc server as a free gift to the community. Should be ready in a day or so. Best regards,Ralph