Sign in to follow this  

fs2002 freezes during play

I just can't get the fs2002 to complete a game.. I have reloaded it a number of times but still can't seem to solve the problem.. It loads and runs just fine, but after a few minutes or(many minutes), it just stops and freezes the computer so I have to reboot and start all over.I have a HP xp789 1 gig 80 gig HD 256 mem, WinME, Asus k7m M/Board with a phoenix BIOS. built in Nvidia Rival TNT2.. I had NO problem using fs2000. I have searched all sites including MS, to no avail. can anyone help? thanksfran

Have you tried updating the drivers for controller chips, sound, and graphics adapter. I had one computer with a TNT2 board and it needed updated drivers to run fs2002. It is using the NVidia 23.12 drivers at the moment. There is no reason to go past these drivers since the improvements in the later drivers pertain to the GF3 and GF4 boards.

thanks W. I don't know how to download a driver from Nvidia, I went to their site and tried downloading what I thought should be my 'file' 30.82_win9X.exe. It looks like the only file I could use, after d/loading it twice, it just will not 'run'.. saying it is corrupt. can I get Nvidia 23.23 elsewhere? thanks fran

Guest BobD

I have had this same experience many times in the past, and find it to be "extremely" annoying. My set-up is top of the line with updated drivers. I have tried blaming it on all sorts of things and have tried a number of suggested remedies, only one of which has worked. And that is-reducing the heat! I have proved this, at least to myself, by removing the console side panel before starting FS2002. It has never frozen with the panel removed, but once again becomes unreliable when the panel is reinstalled. This may or not be your problem, but it might be one very easy try at solving that problem. Bob Dethlefsen490th Bomb.Sqdn 341st BGBurma Bridge Bustershttp://home.pacbell.net/bobeedee/Artist.jpg

Well, I update the video drivers but still had the problem.. so i went after the sound drivers, they were the 'latest' but i decided to change to another one, supposedly, it wasn't the one i should use (it said). but it works.. I have been 'flying for over 4 hours without a hitch.. thanks for the help.. will fly more tomorrow.. fran

Guest christian

I have exactly the same problem.At first I thought it may be my Sparkle Geforce 3 card, because the cooler looks a bit flimsy, but I just read a review which reviewed this card quite positively, and even noted that the 'flimsy' cooler works astonishingly well...I also have an AMD 1.4, which is known to get pretty hot, but I have a very massive and noisy cooler which keeps it around 50 degrees which should be fine.At the moment I suspect the culprit is my power supply. It's only 250 watts, and I was a bit suspicious that that may not be enough when I bought it.Another possibilty could be RAM, if you are using to aggressive memory timings. My timings are quite conservative, so I'm relatively sure that's not my problem either...Cheers, Christian

Very frustrating I know. The only other possible solutions that springs to mind are are amount of RAM (depends how much other stuff you have running) and the wattage of your power supply.I'd suggest you need a 300w at the very least but if yours is equal or greater than that, I'm out of ideas beyond what's already been suggested I'm afraid.