Sign in to follow this  
Guest Stardog

FSMeteo 5.2 and FSFlightMax, Anyone try it yet.

Just wondering if anyone has recieved there update yet and tried it with FSFlightMax. I can't wait to get my upgrade copy.

I got an email about the update, but we now have to pay for the new update, and I have not done so. I think the only free updates you get is for one year, and further updates you have to pay for after that time.

I went ahead and payed for my update 3 hours ago. Just wondering if anyone has recieved it yet.

Well, I bought FSMeteo 5.1 only a few months ago, but haven't received any info on the update yet.

I bought it about 6-7 mos. ago, haven't received an E-Mail either..Hmm, come to think of it I dont have that Email address anymore. Wonder how I can get that info updated.

Guest Stardog

I emailed Marc today about and update since I just bought FSMeteo in July and he said anyone who bought it in the last year will recieve the update in 24 hours or so.Here is the email:Hi Todd All peoples that order FS_Meteo under one year will received it inside24h.Regards,Marc> > Marc,> > Hi I am writing you in regards to upgrading my FSMeteo to the new 5.2> with FlightMax compatiblity.> I just bought your wonderful program back in July and love it!!!> I do hope that since I just bought it there wont be a problem> upgrading me.> > Here is the original purchase Date : 07-03-2002>

Hi,I recieved an email from Marc stated my program is over a year old and will require another purchase.Considering I have been using FSmeteo for over 2 years and I use it everytime I fly ..... it is a bargain at $18.00.I would also like to know if anyone has experience with the latest version of flightmax.BobP :)

Cool, thanks for that :) I was thinking about emailing him myself, but figured he'd be rather busy right now and didn't want to disturb him :)

Just send an email to Marc with the info you used to register the program to begin with. Mainly the email address he used to send you updates to and the name used on the credit card transaction. He's very good at updating his list with your provided info.You'll need to do this every time you change your email address or you won't receive the update.

Howard H.

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world"

-Mahatma Gandhi

Hmm.. I didn't know that there is an update to goto 5.2? I hope Marc still has me on the list. Julian

If I understand both programs correctly, if you are using FSFlightMax in the weather mode and have FS Meteo 5.2 connected via cable modem, you should be displaying something fairly close to the actual weather in the location in which you are flying? Is this close to a simulation of "real-time", actual weather?

>If I understand both programs correctly, if you are using >FSFlightMax in the weather mode and have FS Meteo 5.2 >connected via cable modem, you should be displaying >something fairly close to the actual weather in the location >in which you are flying? Is this close to a simulation of >"real-time", actual weather? It works as advertised. I found thunderstorms in north Georgia and Alabama last night by wathcing The Weather Channel. I positioned myself at Atlanta where it hadn't started raining yet. FSMeteo picked up the storm cells 100nm from KATL. FlightMax displayed this info correctly and off I went to find the storm. I found it just where FSMeteo/FlightMax said it would be and it corresponded with what The Weather Channel was reporting. Totally awesome. I use auto-tilt to simply positioning the radar. Haven't tried lightning strikes yet though. I'm a happy customer.

Received the update this afternoon (sept 22,Netherlands; I bought FSMeteo about four months ago) and I do get weather returns on FSFlightMax. Have simply not had enough time to do a long flight where I can see the weather patterns actually changing, though...Thanks Marc for the continued support for FS-Meteo and added FSFlightMax support!

Hi All,I just checked my mail and got it!...very cool Now all I need to do is down-load the latest FlightMax and I am off into a great new weather world. I bought FlightMax along time ago, but have not used it due to the fact it did not work with FS_Meteo, but that has changed now.This Hobby Just Keeps Getting Better... :-yellow1Kind Regardshttp://www.aavirtual.com/images/aav700_banner.gif

Vl3MQY.png