Sign in to follow this  
Dark Moment

ISD Project Milan Malpensa Problems

I've downloaded the Malpensa scenery that was recently released by ISD Project, but I can't get it to install :-(. The problem is that the downloaded file is has a '.msi' extension, which isn't reconginsed by my system :-(. Someone has suggested right clicking on the file, and telling it to open with 'Microsoft Installer', but I don't get that option. I'm using Windows XP if that makes a difference.So, has anyone with XP got it installed OK yet? Or does anyone else have any ideas?Thanks,Dave.

Guest Toni Rauch

DaveI'm running Windows XP Pro and I installed that scenery pack with no problems at all. (Maybe the difference is with XP Standard.)Have you tried sending the developers an e-mail for support? I'm sure it's easily fixed.Toni.

Toni,Thanks for the reply. I'm running XP Home, so that may be the cause of some of the probs :-(. I posted a message on the ISD Project forums, and got the reply that sent me down the route mentioned in my original post. But I haven't emailed the actual authors yet, so I may resort to that if I can't get it sorted.Could you do me a favour? I've checked on the list of file type assosciations in Windows Exporer, and can't find an entry for '.msi'. Could you have a look on your system to see what program it points to? I'd be very grateful :-).Thanks,Dave.

Mark,Thanks for the link. I'd looked at that earlier. The only problem is that it refers to the versions of the installer for Win 9X and NT - apparently, Win 2000/Me/XP should have it already. I have XP, but it still doesn't work :-(.Thanks,Dave.

Mmmm ... funny that, then. I have XP Home. Have installed it using the installer. I did have problems, which is why I referred to that page; but that was because I had previously installed the Real Air SF260 into a temp folder rather than accepting the default route (I hate self-installers with a vengeance - and very justifiably in many cases where they are wrongly assembled) and doing that changed my goddamned registry entry for FS2002. Once I had reset that, all was well.Check the registry entry yourself. You never know. That help page refers.Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitak.htmlhttp://www.swiremariners.com/reds.htmlhttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitakv3.jpg