Sign in to follow this  
Guest bones

UK mesh - a simple comparison

Guest bones

The sea is indeed the OceanFX files with the sea state set at about 4.

Guest bones

The scenery is a mixture of many bits. LAGO's mesh, OceanFX and the Visual Flight beta photo scenery.I'd agree that AA is probably the cause of your shortened crispness in textures. I've spent some time trying to improve this on my system and it is reasonable now.. That's using an old Matrox G400!As I have increased the number of FS add-ons I now find it imperative to run it on as clean a system as possible. I now reboot the machine and clear out any unnecessary programs using EndItAll before starting FS. It makes a difference.

>Just to add to your anguish here's a shot from further down >the coast. Yes, it is in FS.. :-) Anguish noted:-)Very strange effect and I asked the developper to take an urgent look at the problem. There is no logical reason the clifs should not be there. We had a simular problem in Spain and that was caused by part of a file not being complete. So I expect a simular problem here. The Project Manager Alberto Sangalli will follow up on this and will report to you here.Thanks very much for this observation gentlemen. Mathijs KokLAGO

>East Anglia is poorly represented>by all the mesh scenery. Yes it's flat,>but NOT that flat and although in my picturesWe are checking for the TerraMesh coverage of this area and for now I can say that the source data used to develop our product seems to be less detailed here than in other zones. We will try to solve this problem as soon as possible and we will publish further information on the Lago forums.Alberto SangalliLAGO

Guest Jozef_K

>for now I can say that the source data used to develop our >product seems to be less detailed here than in other zones. >>Alberto Sangalli >LAGO You might be right about the source data. I checked the scenery at the same coordinates as shown in the picture of message #10. There is no diference at that location between the FS2002 default scenery and the freeware mesh I am using, while it elsewhere certainly differs (but of course not as much as Lago's mesh, which seems superior as far as I can judge from the pictures).Jozef Kusters http://httpd.chello.nl/~j-kusters/logo.gif [link:Ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/Tradewind/"]Visit TCA TradeWind ][/font