Sign in to follow this  
Francois_Dumas

Well that's enough of that!!!

For anyone that hasn't read it, Mike Putnam posted a very illuminating and, in my opinion, spot on the money post in Flightsim.com's FS2002 forum:http://www.flightsimnetwork.com/dcforum/DC...ID10/29537.htmlTo my mind, the forums in Flightsim sites are there to provide help, and share ideas about the hobby we all participate in. The reporting of relevant news pertaining to that is also important. What isn't, is the constant abuse, name calling and often slanderous allegations that seem to be rife in that forum. The tone of the thread that initiated that topic there is by no means unusual.I have decided to migrate over here as a permanent place of residence in the hope that the list of proiorities relating to posts here is a little more on-topic. Whilst no-one ever agrees with everything that gets said in any forum, there are many ways of discussing things without all the personal abuse and juvenile attitudes. I look forward to benefiting from your knowledge and sharing mine.

Welcome to the AVSIM forums!My own experience is that the signal to noise ratio is much better, the natives are friendly and the egos are much smaller. ;)

Im not sure about that. I've seen plenty of noise in the channel at both locations lately. I participate in both locations and have frankly learned to just avoid certain topics and in a limited number of cases, just totally avoid certain people whose opinions I dont agree with. (doh!)Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

Yawn..... welcome.. but is there any real need to bring the other stuff with you?That said... I hope you are happy here and I look forward to hearing some of your on topic ideas.:-)Pete

Thanks for the post Pete. I didn't realize that's who it was. You gave me a chance to delete the "welcome".Trip

You're welcome Trip!It's just that I hate people using the Forums for "Personal Agendas"!Pete S

I don't think they'll be fooled for long, Frank!Pete S

Ok Guys.. lets give the guy a break. Everyone deserves a chance to proove themselves true.... "By their fruit shall ye know them.":-)Pete

Well thanks Pete.Beyond the obvious, you and the previous posters here are quite right. We are all eventually known by both our actions and our words. Different people have different interpretations, based largely on their experience rather than their personalities. I'll say to all of you here now that are my motivating principle is based on solely a will to help with, and benefit from, shared knowledge. Any history of anything else has been prompted by the unscrupulous actions of others.Referring to what I percieve to be the wisest of the replies here, "Watch this space" - you'll find me to be very helpful where I can be, and far from of a problem where I can't. If you find me otherwise, then you're all quite entitled to shun me. Just don't take the words of others at face value. Thanks to those of you who have taken to the trouble to offer me a welcome. :)

you seemed to have missed AVSIM's rules and regulations when signing up.... we clearly require evey forum poster to provide us with a traceable email address and a REAL name (yes, I know you replied to others that this is none of their business... well, it is of ours ;-) .Unlike the old (and new?) FSVC, AVSIM is not a free-for-all, anything goes website and community (as you well know ;-) ).As we do with all readers that fail to comply to our rules, I had to disable your user id for now.Best regards,Francois________________________Francois A. "Navman" DumasAssociate Editor &Forums AdministratorAVSIM Online!email: fdumas@avsim.com________________________

Francois A. 'Navman' Dumas

Posted Image

EuropeRides

... and the man's Blog