Sign in to follow this  
Guest SIX

Do you fly HEAVY Long Hauls? Respond here.

I fly the heavies all the time. That's pretty much all I fly. No Cessnas for me :-hah. I think that site is a good idea, I would definately visit it. I say go for it!

Guest flightpro08

I also fly my fair shair of heavies. Typcally from one coast to the other in the United States (KBOS-KSAN, KMCO-KSNA, KJFK-KLAX, etc.) Usually I fly them with the PIC767. :-)Ryan-Flightpro08 :-coolVATSIM Pilot/ControllerZLA ARTCC Controller 1 (C-1)SAN TRACON Lead [link:www.taxiwaysigns.com]Taxiwaysigns.com Scenery Designer-----------------------------My "Home Made" System Specs:Intel Pentium 4 2.2GHz ProcessorTurbo Gamer ATX Mid-Tower with 420W Power SupplyEPoX 4G4A Motherboard with Intel 845G ChipsetVisiontek XTASY GeForce4 128MB Ti4600 (Det 29.42 WHQL Drivers)512MB PC2100 DDR RAM40GB Matrox 7200RPM Hard DriveWindows XP Home Edition SP1*No CPU or GPU Overclocking*3dMark2001SE Score: 11298

yep i think this is a fantastic ideai wanted to quickly load a plan in the FMC for a long haul with full sids / stars in the PSS 747 but i couldnt find any quickly, i know they are around, but this site would be good, have a long haul fly in :-Dwe would have 15 aircraft depart Heathrow but how many would make it to Singapore? (for example)heheheyep i like it

Great idea, although I'm a beginner in long haul flights i already know it's a wonderful sight the world at FL400 :)Go for it, there are many HEAVY fliers around who would like a site dedicated to them.How about a virtual airline with long haul flights only? My 767 would love a S

I like the idea alot..I'm game for it..What kinda stuff do u need to get started?Troy

I love and support the idea. I'm a longhaul freak I just like to fly far and long and 'heavy' over to the other side of the world. Just love flying the B744, love the long take-off roll and sluggish taxi.About the PSS 744, go full power you'll make it, step on the brakes before you go? :)Take care!

Guest Dominik Mann

Well, I'd have to say that it was actually Simubuild's A340 series which got me hooked pretty solidly on long hauls. Until then I used to do almost exclusively short trips (2-3 hours max) around North America or Europe - and while I still like to fly across the Old World (mostly in PA's A320 ;-) ), in recent weeks and months I have done quite a share of flying all over the globe with Simubuild's ultra-long-haulers. Therefore I think that a dedicated "long haulers" web site (and maybe a forum, too) to share observations, route recommendations and the like would be a nice idea :D !Anyway, you got my vote!

Guest Niels_C

Hi there Wilson,I have PSS777, FFG DC-10's, SimuBuild/FlightCraft A340's andwould like an excuse to dust them off, so please go ahead.About helping you out Wilson? I have no real experience withthe net, and I don't even have a private net-connection, butother than that, I'd say "Roll on, baby".Could I use my FFG KC-10 tanker to refuel my PSS A320'sor DF737's?Anyway, Fly safe.-Niels Christiansen

There's also Group Flight on VATSIM. Couple years ago a couple of us started flying from JFK to Cairo weekly. Also, flew the reverse course back. Several times just from London to JFK.Group Flight has done long hauls Miami to Asia and such. Check them out.They've also done short hops.

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

I make the jump across the pond between Toronto and Paris quite frequently... usually using the A330 or the B747-400.John-PaulToronto

I usually am in the VMAX 747-200, often KCLT-EGLL, EGKK or LIRF.Ed Green, KCLTegreen1@carolina.rr.com