Sign in to follow this  
Guest SIX

Do you fly HEAVY Long Hauls? Respond here.

Guest SIX

Hey Guys,Thanks for the response given. Not one bad comment given, I am suprised!;) Anyway, where can we go from here. I have a server IP waiting, I just need to get a domain and I can do that as soon as I have one picked out. I need help. I have internally emailed many of you who responded asking for your help. I hope you will help or send me someone who can. I want to see this site work because I am tired of flying alone and there really isn't that much support for the HEAVY operators on the net, in my humble opinion. Below is a copy of what I sent everybody. Input please>???>>>Hello,Thanks for responding to my message on the web about HEAVY Long hauls. In your response, you seemed willing to help me get started. Do you mind if we initiate some sort of contact?Here are the areas I need help in:1. Assistant Director of Operations.2. Continent Director - 1 Per continent except for Antartica (of course)3. News Editors: At least two.4. Web developer: At least one and hopefully more. You don't have to be an expert, just be willing.5. Forum ModeratorsIf your willing to help, please let me know.We can work together online via instant messaging on Windows IM (MsN IM), Roger Wilco and AOL IM and a special part of the forums just for staff. Thanks for your input and I am looking forward to working with you.Here is my contact information:Wilson HinesUVI014wilsonhines@Hotmail.com (Email and Win IM)dal276wh AOL IM-----------Wilson HinesFS GROUPFlt Planning DirectorAOL IM: dal276wh

Guest SIX

UPDATE!I am starting to work on the web page this morning. I need you guys to come up with helpful ideas and such for things like:1. Web Site Slogan2. Graphic Logo3. Individual forum titles.Think about it ;)-----------Wilson HinesUVI014FS GROUPFlt Planning DirectorAOL IM: dal276wh

Very nice idea! Dont forget the enroute weather information!!Johan[A HREF=http://www.phoenix-simulation.co.uk]Phoenix Simulation Software[/A]Unofficial PSS website:www.people.zeelandnet.nl/johdMy help may not me much usefull, or usefull much..eh?http://people.zeelandnet.nl/johd/index2/Ar...s/Leg1/klm5.jpgTrue Blue! K L M!

Guest SIX

Hello Mr. Dees,That means alot coming from you sir. I visit your site regularly. I was even hoping for the potential of getting some help from guys from the PSS and other HEAVY developers on this project.John, give me some ideas, will ya? ;)Thanks,-----------Wilson HinesUVI014FS GROUPFlt Planning DirectorAOL IM: dal276wh

Guest SIX

Can you elaborate? ;)-----------Wilson HinesFS GROUPFlt Planning DirectorAOL IM: dal276wh

I'm not very good at coming up with slogans, but just wanted to give a part of me to this project!

Guest SIX

You know, that ain't a half bad slogan. I appreciate the effort. I will start a .txt pad with suggestions for the slogan.UPDATE: I have a staff member. UPS300 is going to be helping me as a developer/editor. We have the developer and one editor. Now we need more help. This website is definatly not going to be a one man or two man show.We need your support.Thanks-----------Wilson HinesUVI014FS GROUPFlt Planning DirectorAOL IM: dal276wh

Guest SIX

I received an email from Mr. Jackson Harding from the "Land Down Under" about a HEAVY Airline. I will put my response at the end, as I don't have an email address for Mr. Harding because it came from the avsim forum domain and not directly from Mr. Harding.Message:SIX, Saw your message on the Avsim forums. You might be interested in Compass Airlines, an Australian VA I help run with two friends (they are both are traffic controllers, I'm an aeromedical person). Although we have a range of regional and domestic services the airline was set up specifically aimed at the long haul virtual flyer, with a wide range of flights for B767-300ER, B777-200ER and B747-400 flights, as well as a range of others.With our RL contacts we have a huge collection of plans, many taken directly from RL. We have no set feeling or rules about how realistic pilots wish to make their operations, we try and cater for all. If you want full on realism we'll help where we can, if you just want to fly and have fun, that's cool too.If your're interested then take a look at:http://www.compass-virtual.orgA lot of what you are looking for and talking about in your post is already on our site ;-)Cheers,Jackson HardingCEO Compass AirlinesEnd of Message_____________________________My Response:Hello Mr. Harding,Thanks for the great response. I love flying Australia. In fact, I had a roomate in college from Brisbane and I just flew into BBN from SSY for the first time a couple of days ago just to say I had done it;)Anyway, I agree that Compass Airlines is a great VA. I personally am not a member of a VA at this time, and probably would consider joining, but this new venture is going to take a lot of my time I would normally have. I enjoy being a "free agent", as well. In my signature, you see "FS GROUP" but that is just a few guys who like to regualerly fly together. I like your site, although it is a hard and slow load for a 56K (like me). You have plenty of good information for the Long Haul CPT however, there is one hitch. The website I am talking about needs to be global. I know that Compass will fly almost anywhere, however this organizational website needs to meet the need of the guy who is a satisfied member of United, Delta or Qantas as well as Compass. I really just want to bring everybody to the table here. But, if your reading this and want a good VA, man Compass is a great one with alot of data benifits such as plans and the such. Check them out.THanks for the response, and I look forward to working with Compass Airlines in getting this bird off the ground. We want to have "Continent Representatives", or people who can manage the data for any given continent and make suggestions that would make flying in a certian region more fun. It also helps that the person be from that area to know what is really going on. If you know someone in the Australia area who would like to sign on as a Continent Rep, please let us know.Thanks again,-----------Wilson HinesFS GROUPFlt Planning DirectorAOL IM: dal276wh

Guest SIX

Hey John,At this point, any help of your choice. If you could help on general consulting for the site that would be an immense help. I imagine you have been in the sim arena more than I have, since Feb of '02. I would appreciate any input and cooperation you would be willing to give. Also, I would like to have (or be) a liason with commercial products. We need someone that can talk to the people like PSS, Dream Fleet, LAGO, SimFlyers Assoc. and other great companies that would be interested in helping us make this a great site.I would be willing to talk via Roger Wilco or email.-----------Wilson HinesHEAVY LHC EditorUVI014FS GROUPFlt Planning DirectorAOL IM: dal276wh

Guest SIX

I took "Broadcasting" or radio classes in college, what do you guys think about having a really professional web streamed "web-radio" show online?-----------Wilson HinesHEAVY LHC EditorUVI014FS GROUPFlt Planning DirectorAOL IM: dal276wh

Guest SIX

We are starting to plan the site.I have purchased the www.heavylhc.com domain. Please stay tuned as we are in regular planning meetings.-----------Wilson HinesHEAVY LHC EditorUVI014FS GROUPFlt Planning DirectorAOL IM: dal276wh