Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

Real Aviation History Forum ?

Guest Akflyin

Hello Sir,Was wondering if Avsim thought there would be community interest in having a Real Aviation History Forum that we could contribute to. I am always looking for opportunities to bring ( in my case ) Alaska Aviation History to Avsim for the sharing of our roots of Aviation Enthusiasm. Being this is the Century of Flight Year of Celibration it might be fitting. I have to believe that Avsim readers everywhere may have access to Aviation Historical Sites that would be willing to share if given a platform. Somehow, postings of A restored Grumman Duck or the Real Picture of what is left of a Douglas world Cruiser in the screenshots forum just doesn't seem to mesh well with Simulator screenshots. ( Just my opinion of course ;-) ) I live in a unique place ( Alaska ) that has Aviation History Still teeming with activity ( Such as a Douglas DC-6 flying overhead ) and will still contribute to Avsim when the opportunity arises before it is all gone silent.Thank You for your attention.D GillespieUnited States Coast Guard ( C-130 Flight Engineer-- Retired )

Guest glnflwrs

Here here! I agree wholeheartedly. I have a slew of vintage photos, volumes of info, and would love to contribute. Great idea Gillespie!

Hi Dave, Well, if you go back in time fer enough, you will know that AVSIM did have an aviation history forum. It wasn't all that well used, and we gradually shut it down. We would be more than happy to re-open a history forum, especially now, but I would want some commitments from those with a historical interest to keep it populated with history, images, etc. Any volunteers that can keep a commitment and do so for the long haul?

Guest Akflyin

Hi Tom,Guess my memory is slipping as I don't remember that you had a forum already in the past. I can only speak for myself of course but am willing to volunteer to keep a commitment in the posting of Aviation Historical information. Being as I can only speak for myself and that you already know of the kind of past interest in such a forum, do you think a trial basis would be more appropriate considering the Timing of the Century of flight celebration to see if I can keep it airborne with postings?Dave

Okay Dave, if you can help populate it and keep the interest in it, we'll open it. Look for an announcement on the front page shortly!