Sign in to follow this  
Guest bones

Ground Control Messing Up

Hi, has anyone also experienced ground control giving you clearance to taxi to gereral aviation parking when you are an airliner? This has happened twice for me. One of those times, using Yeodesign's 737-200 v2. Any advice for me or anything that I have to do to have ground direct me to a gate?Thanks for your help,Bill

Asus Tuf Gaming Plus B550 - Asus Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Asus GeForce 4080 RTX OC Edition - 64GB DDR4 Ram 3600Mhz - EVGA 850W Power Supply - 2X 1 TB NVME PCIE gen 4 - Windows 10

Bill, Sounds like the gate is not assigned a number, for example : gate A1.Open up the afcad file for the particular airport and see how the gates are named. You can change the name that is assigned to the gate in afcad.Matt

Guest bones

On some aircraft the radius is set to the wrong value and it might mean that ATC think you can fit a small gate. There's a bit about this in AITM (AI Traffic Manager) - which, apart from being about manipulating your AI traffic, has a couple of very useful tools for general aircraft file management too. One of these is the Aircraft Editor and this shows the turn radius assigned to each aircraft. It's an eye opener to see such a variation in values! Although the data is locked in the MDL file (according to the AITM readme) the program can change the value to something more sensible. Bad news is that this only applies to GMax creations..I'm no expert in this area - I just happened to be reading the AITM help file a few minutes ago!