Sign in to follow this  

FMC Topics

Hello everyone!I don't know about you but the use of an FMC not only adds to the realism of flying but also adds a touch of authenticity.We all own Dreamfleet 737 (don't we)?Is it possible that we can have within the forums a dedicated group that can share knowledge, experience, flight plans and much moreThe inclusion of the great FMC's offered by Dreamflight, Eurowings and PSS offer us all a really important and real way of controlling our flights. It seems crazy that the majority of aircraft uploads do not take account of the great tool that has been made available to us.Maybe I've missed something but aircraft that are offered (under IFR)for download that do not include FMC linkage are a retrograde step.Comments please?malex

Guest crashing_pilot

maybe its important to you,but it is not to me,i'm enjoying flying vor-vor,and i'm now especially enjoying a dc8 with an actual INS in it....i havent flown the dreamfleet in over a year,and 767 pic gets about 1 hr a month....i want to pretend i'm flying,not typing in 28 waypoints,pushing the to/ga switch and engaging ap at 100 ft.so i welcome all the planes that come WITHOUT an fmc,because we've got plenty of them ;-)regards

Guest crashing_pilot

and secondly....try the 767 pic forum here at Avsim...there are some guys that really know how to use an fmcregards

>It seems crazy that the majority of aircraft uploads do not>take account of the great tool that has been made available to>us.Do you have any idea how long it takes to accurately program an FMC? You can't possibly expect freeware aircraft to come with one - only the good payware companies like PSS, DF, PMDG etc can afford the time and energy to program one - they're essentially reverse engineering and recreating the code that is in the real thing. That takes a level of programming skill that is probably far beyond what the average freeware author is capable of.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Your prayers have been answered - RealityXP is soon to release an FMS that works with their Jet Line stand-alone gauge set(s).I'm certain that after a few months we will start seeing several freeware planes with panels and VC's that incorporate the JL's.There are already several JL-modified freeware planes available and adding the upcoming FMS to these existing mod's will be easy.http://www.reality-xp.com/community/files.htm