Sign in to follow this  
JimmiG

PAI-Delta

Hi all,I have marked as a bookmark a site named Project AI, however, after reading about a recent Delta download that is available, I went to that site and clicked on "Downloads" only to be told there is nothing to be downloaded at this time.Could someone help me to get to the correct site or is this download available on AVSIM?Thanks,Mike

Hey Mike,That sometimes happens. Go ahead and try again, I just did and its there!! Here is a direct link to the delta flightplans:http://www.pai.simairport.com/files/airlines/Setup_Delta.zipIf you have any other question please ask.http://www.forefrontgrp.com/jayssig.jpg"There is an art . . . to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss!"

Guest tcable

I installed them last night. After tweaking my overlays in Atlanta the world is good again! Without overlays, you are going to wait so long to take off that is is crazy- with overlays, the traffic level is faily realistic :)Now all I need are ASA flightplans and cargo, and Atlanta will be too busy :)Tim

The Delta installer sometimes messes up the aircraft.cfg file. It did that for me, resulting on only some of the Delta planes showing up, maybe 4-5 at KATL.If that happens, you'll have to manually edit the aircraft cfg.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Excuse my ignorance but what are those overlays your talking about?I've been wanting to install the PAI package but after reading their manual I realize that the installation process is kind of complex and unclear. PAI manual says that I need to download and install a bunch of 3rd party tools such as TrafficTools, AFCAD, aired, etc. At the same time, it says that if I use the installers, "everything" is done automatically. Does that mean I don't need the 3rd party software if I use the installers? What does the installer do are the manual tasks after using the installers?It seems to me that ProjectAI has quite a good product but the instructions and the sequence of steps are hard to understand.QUESTION: can anybody sort of spell out the process of installing PAI under FS2002, sort of a 1-2-3, A-B-C steps of what's needed and in what sequence.Again, excuse my ignorance and thank you in advance,Kerke---

Guest Edam

>Without overlays, you are >going to wait so long to take off that is is crazy- with >overlays, the traffic level is faily realistic :) Indeed. And even when you DO get clearance for takeoff, you may collide with planes that are still on the runway while doing so. The overlays are a must. One runway for takeoffs and landings is definitely not enough.

You need to have traffic tools for PAI installers to decompile and recompile your traffic.bgl.The programs are actually included in the installer minus afcad.Afacd can be found here in the avsim library and is very easy is to use.You will need it if you want to see more than 4 or so planes at a given airport.The airport overlays for afcad simply mean that there is a 2 part file .1 might be for a certain runway used for take off and landings and another might be used to for only GA parking.It's a must have tool if you want a good ammount of AI traffic.If you do not feel comfortable with afcad just get AFinstaller.It is a program where all you do is drop and drag a afcad file into this program and then you just boot up fs2002 and go.However if you have a "overlay" then you need to do a little extra work which is usually in a readme .It's not as hard as it sounds .I did not like messing with it at first but now i would not have it any other way.the other program that is a must have is ai id swapper.Is anyone doing a complex simflyers katl afcad file? I have one but I would like to be able to direct all flights to the proper concourses and cargo to cargo.Iam not a good afcad designer so i thought I would ask :)Richard Dillon KPDKSr First Officer www.jetstarairlines.com"Bill Grabowski's"ERJ-145 panel Beta TeamMD-11 panel Beta TeamPAI beta tester ____________________________"Lets Roll" 9/11 Specs AMD 1600 XP MSI KT 266t pro2 512MB DDR 2100GF3 ti 200 64MB SBliveCh Products Yoke and Pedals(usb)Windows 2000 Serivce Pack 3

With an airport like KATL, you only need one additional overlay to have the airport operate realistically. Atlanta departs on the two inboard runways and arrives on the two outboard runways. Since each overlay can be split into one arrival only and one departure only runway, that covers all four runways of Atlanta. One overlay for the north side and one for the south side. Parking can be controlled by using radius sizing, sending each airline to their actual real world gates. You can set up all of Delta and their concourses on one overlay, and the rest of the airlines and their concourses on the other overlay, splitting the airport in half. By having radius size control parking, you can minimize the overlays to just enough for the number of runways so that traffic conflicts caused by multiple overlays using the same runway can be avoided.