Sign in to follow this  
CraigC

Suncom throttle question

I have seen that a few simmers lurking around these forums are using this throttle with FS2002, and I was wondering if anyone has been able to get the throttles to work independantly for each engine (on two engine aircraft only). Right now I can only get the right throttle to work, and am doubtful that its even possible. I am using it with a VP Pro yoke and regular CH Pedals. I vaguely remember an axes limitation, but cant remember details on it. Thanks for your help in advance....Craig

Hi, Craig and everyone. I am in the process of getting one implemented. I had a dual Suncom throttle for a while and never used. I cannot find the drivers for it any longer, it was on 4 floppies, if I can recall correctly, and it was for W95.Here is what I know about the implementation, someone coorect me if I am wrong, please:1-If you use it in W98SE and with Rudder pedals on the Game port, it

I was able to get the throttles to work independtly. I had it hooked up to a Logitech wingman digital and was using an older version of fsuipc.dll. I couldn't get it to work with the newer versions, so I finally made my own throttles. I can't remember exactly how I did it anymore, but I know it took awhile to get it to work.Ed

Go to the "Home Cockpit Support Forum and do a search on Suncom throttles and you should find all you need to do what you want with the Suncom... And yes they will work independantly as you wish... Ron MashburnWell, I may have spoke to soon as a search did not turn up the info I posted... They had a number of postings there concerning the Suncom some time back but they did not appear on a normal search... To long ago I guess but try searching the old forum or the archives and you should be able to find what you need...Ron

Thanks for your help guys, I will search the Home Cockpit forum and see what I can come up with. I will say that using this throttle instead of the one on the VP Pro yoke has made flying in the sim alot more fun. Im always looking for new ways to enhance the simming experience without spending 10,000 bucks for a home cockpit.Craig

Craig I have two sets connected and working left and right throttles and left and right props. They are awesome! The key is to get the Radio shack gameport to USB adaptor and plug it through that. Also you need a cheap joystick plugged into the Suncom throttles in order to calibrate it. I use a Gravis $12 stick. Plug the stick into the throttles then the throttles into the USB adaptor and plug that into the USB port. The computer will recognize it as a "HID compliant game controller" Then using the joystick calibrate it in windows. The two throttles will be the axis 3 and 4 on the windows calibration page for the controller. Don't worry too much about the joystick centering but get the throttle axis's correctly calibrated using the onscreen instructions. Then go into FS assignments menu and click on the HID compliant game controller and assign the left throttle to left motor and right to right motor. Then go to sensitivites page and set them both to max with a small null zone. (Very Important to do this because it will default one to no sensitivity the other to max) Then use FSUIPC on the seperate throttles page of joystick calibration section to set reverse, idle,(min and max idle) and max power settings. This should have you up and flying with seperate controls. Once you go this route you will NEVER want to fly with one throttle again. If you need more help E-Mail me and I can help you through it step by step. (Krazypir8@aol.com)KenP.S. the switches on the Suncomm are daisy chained through the keyboard and all will work as keystrokes. You need to read the documents that are on the CD that came with the suncomm to figure out how to program them. Sorry for the long answer but it is necessary to explain it all.

Hey Blowhole, I have the keys already programmed in, and I have to say that the reversers on the 737 seem like they stop me on a dime! I love this throttle to death so far. I will have to wait until tomorrow to pick up that gameport to usb converter. I am going to email you with a question on my pedals, as I think I am going to lose them if I use the converter.Craig