Sign in to follow this  

ATC Easyjet callsign problem

I recently downloaded EditVoicePack v.10 and installed the sample that comes with it. This updates several missing airlines in the ATC voicefile including Easyjet (EASY).However, when I changed an Easyjet repaint I have to use "EASY" - it doesn't appear in any ATC communications.I checked the Aircraft.cfg and "EASY" is there, as it is in the Airlines.cfg file, but ATC steadfastly refuses to use it.Any ideas?

Hi Ive installed that primarily for the EasyJet ATC I found it works a treat, Do any of the other airlins call signs work? If they do then check the Aircraft.cfg for the 737 where you have the Easyjet. If they don't maybe you have to reinstall? I would suggest emailing the author.Terry

Glad to know it works - evne if not for me!On further investigation, I found "Easy" in the Tools/view missing menu of EditVoicePack. The readme filed makes only the following reference to that:"This option will show you a list of words used by your installed aircrafts, but not available with the current voicepack modification applied. Please be aware that this can very likely be a problem with the aircraft files and shoukd be corrected instead of adding wrong entries to the ATC voices."I installed it originally for the Dreamfleet 737 re-paint I have, but "Easy" refuses to work whatever aircraft I apply it to. Real odd.The aircraft.cfg and airline.cfg files are fine as far as I can see. If no-one has any further ideas, I'll e-mail the author as you suggested.

1. did you update the voicepack (ctrl+U)??2. try using Easy instead of EASY in the Aircraft.cfg3. get the aitm (airtrafficmanager). its got a fantastic aircraft manager ( press f6 ). there check if easy is in the cfg.....4. drink a burnbon an watch tv :D cuz i cant help :)greez-L-

Guest lmoelleb

It could be the regional settings - Edvp 1.0 only likes US settings :(Fixed in version 2.0 which is in release candidate now.

Thanks so much. Could you tell me exactly which regional settings you're referring to?I tried flying from Liverpool airport (UK), and my FS2002 international settings remain unchanged from the default. Is it the WinXP regional settings or something else?Looking forward to the V2. :)

Ok thanks. I'll await the forthcoming second release.Just to add, this is an excellent utility and well worth a look for anyone who hasn't done so yet.

jeah...nearly forgott to say that too....fantastic. makes fs2k2 just a bit more real as it can get :Dthx for a fantastic utillitygreez-L-