Sign in to follow this  
Guest Miro Majcen

LOMAC

Guest dali

Chris, take it easy...;)I'm speaking from my experience as an ex mil pilot. I don't want to start a war here...When you will have the opportunity to try LOMAC for yourself, you will have the chance to compare them..IMHO, sunsets are much overdone in FS2004, because the colors are too saturated. This happens, when photos instead observation is used when creating wheather phenomena. Sunset you have attached to your message is typical example. Now, be honest and tell me - how many times in your life have you seen sunset like this?I have very, very rarely, and this is my point.and - btw - how on earth do you dare to trash the terrain in LOMAC, even if you haven't seen it on your eyes? I wouldn't point out the poor textures in FS2004 as an example...besides - rain never falls from the clear sky in LOMAC, but this happens often in FS2004.;)Don't get me wrong - I like FS2004 - graphicaly. FM sucks big time and so does the weather engine. Before you storm on me - please point out your real life experience with flying or meteorlogy.

Guest David Slavens

Nevermind not worth it.

HI dali, "IMHO, sunsets are much overdone in FS2004, because the colors are too saturated. This happens, when photos instead observation is used when creating wheather phenomena. Sunset you have attached to your message is typical example. Now, be honest and tell me - how many times in your life have you seen sunset like this?`One thing you miss, about the sky is overdone, I have seen this in real life and like I said, sunset NEVER have the same color each day. I have many cd with photo and tons of stuff, if you think, the sky is overdone in fs2004, wait unitl you see the real life picture, overdone redish, orange, mixed orange and redish etc, yes from real life, I am not trowing crap here. Fs2004 is full constomizible, this is means, I can change it easly, and the sky you have seen is not overdone at all."and - btw - how on earth do you dare to trash the terrain in LOMAC, even if you haven't seen it on your eyes? I wouldn't point out the poor textures in FS2004 as an example..."Terrain, it is easy to see this, on tons of shots, on their sites nothing to news. Greenish texture all the way."I wouldn't point out the poor textures in FS2004 as an example..."I am wonder if you know what's is the diferrence between generic texture to simulate the entire world, instant of a small area which is much more easy to do , and sadly lomac do not have the actual photo real from the area covered but still using repetitive generic texture.I still prefer IL2 tech than LOMAC, nothing revolution here compare to IL2 even realeased from years ago.ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Hi Paul, "but the new FS clouds are also incomplete in my view. They lack sharpness and the bright white tops one would expect with the sun shining on them, and certain combinations of colors in many shots I've seen aren't that realistic. I think they're a good first step towards a realistic atmosphere, and if they finish them in the next version they could be spectacular.)"They can be more detailed, but still better then lomac, and you can change them from scratch the formation, lingtning on clouds environment and ANYTHING, no need to wait for the next version at all."In the current FS at low-level--and there's no noticeable difference in low-level characteristics from FS 2002 that I can see--there are no realistic roads, the water leaves much to be desired, mountainous textures are represented by a stretched, splotchy and not-particularly-rocky sort of appearance, hilly areas are represented by dark splotchy stuff, urban buildings are very unreal in appearance, autogen houses and structures are not very convincing up close, and frequently sink into a non-solid looking sort of computer gel, and so on..."fs2004 have to simulate entire world, lomac limited area and still do not use accurate grond texture from the actual photo real area, they still use generic texture, mountainous textures is worst in lomac. All ground Texture from the ground get blurrred from distant altitude, worser then fs2004.Remove the = at the endmountainous textures blurry http://www.lo-mac.com/ss/su25_rockets.jpg=non accurate mountainous textures blurryhttp://www.lo-mac.com/ss/Su-25_Mountains_01.jpg=Non accurate from high altitude, patchy trees block, texture get blurrred from distant altitude.http://www.lo-mac.com/ss/F-15_Merge_04.jpg=Overdone texturehttp://www.lo-mac.com/ss/mig_23_1.jpg="I do want a realistic world to fly in though"Yes but in a very limited area.I still prefer IL2 tech than LOMAC, nothing revolution here compare to IL2 from years ago.ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Guest David Slavens

Chris I see your lack of knowledge on LOMAC is showing. The terrain in LOMAC is based of real terrain. Crimea to be exact. Your notions of a fictious anything is an uninformed and ignorant. Get LOMAC first then make an informed opinion. I would rather argue with someone who is actually previewing LOMAC then talk to someome who talking out the side of their neck.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/29212.jpg

Guest Timbo

Chris,I find it a bit hypocritical that you are trashing the LOMAC beta previews when you kept saying not to trash FS2004 previews because they were beta. We'll see it ourselves in another month or so but I'm willing to bet that LOMAC is going to impress me a lot more than FS2004. I bought FS2004 last Saturday and I haven't flown it since Monday. Weather is alright, clickable VC's aren't anything to get excited about. Hopefully MS will actually release a new sim in 2006 instead of a patch. If LOMAC lives up to the screenshots and previews, I expect that it will be receiving the Sim of the Year and not FS2004. Quit being so defensive with the "FS2004 is better than all" attitude. There is no single BEST sim.

Guest David Slavens

>Chris,>>I find it a bit hypocritical that you are trashing the LOMAC>beta previews when you kept saying not to trash>FS2004 previews because they were beta. We'll see it ourselves>in another month or so but I'm willing to bet that LOMAC is>going to impress me a lot more than FS2004. I bought FS2004>last Saturday and I haven't flown it since Monday. Weather is>alright, clickable VC's aren't anything to get excited about.>Hopefully MS will actually release a new sim in 2006 instead>of a patch. If LOMAC lives up to the screenshots and previews,>I expect that it will be receiving the Sim of the Year and not>FS2004. Quit being so defensive with the "FS2004 is better>than all" attitude. There is no single BEST sim.Good point. There isn't a single best sim out there. And Chris you did in many posts say not to belittle FS2004 previews yet you are trashing LOMAC. It is because it is combat sim and doesn't have a place here? Which I get nasty emails about that from time to time. Are you being hypocritical or are you just mistaken? Inquiring mids want to know.

Hi Timbo, I am not trashing lomac, I WILL BUY IT, the problem is, there is no sim that`s actually have what`s I want, large area to fly, weather system with many clouds type and change with condition, full customizble sim, full of 3rd party, the only sim that`s can close to is Msfs, The bomber games like IL2, LOMAC looks very good, but I found the texture/limited area to fly, weather area are limited, the sim looks good, but I know what`s will happend,YES the sim look GREAT BUT, my comment are for laters after couple of time, after 4 month after seen anything and complete de mission, I will get bored for always know what`s is coming in front of me and see these same ground color. few 3rd party etc. The same thing happen to IL2 which I was more impressed with the graphics and ground than LOMAC imagine now after couple of month.One thing I have noticed, these type of IL2, LOMAC, the developpent are focused on bombing, tank, bomb, jet vs ground, but they will never focus the developpement, such as big weather system, water color from area, large area to fly, true imagery from photo sat area that`s cover tha actual area to fly, and others things like that`s from actual real life data to simulate in pc software, these limitation on IL2, LOMAC is to save frame rate hit with low texture to load on the card and focus on the interaction JET vs ground bombing.Sorry guys for my disappointed, it is not for lomac or IL2, I guess my expectation are too high with these type of games and I will have to look always for CIVIL sim for more general data, structure, 3rd party capability, for trying to simulate real life capability in CIVIL sim.ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Guest dali

Chris, IL-2 and LOMAC have far superior FM than FS2004...that is real pilot experience talking now, not "my mom is prettier than yours". As I said, I prefer taking a plane from either IL-2 or LOMAC just for a ride. You can do this in LOMAC, you know, you don't have to bomb or shoot at anyone...It is not only Crimea which is modeled in LOMAC, it is big part of Caucaus as well. Just like FU2 and III compared to FS at the time....ok, the area was limited, but far, far richer than FS and far more accurate.and you are talking about beeing bored with LOMAC after 4 months, and you are playing FS2004, the most boring game in history?:)nothing happens there!(sarcasm)look, when you will be landing Su-33 on in a thick fog or under heavy thunderstorm (yes, this is also modeled in LOMAC...) on a Kuznetzev aircraft carrier perfectly, 5 out of 5, then come back and tell everybody about how bored you are;)

Guest David Slavens

"I am not trashing lomac, I WILL BUY IT, the problem is, there is no sim that`s actually have what`s I want, large area to fly, weather system with many clouds type and change with condition, full customizble sim, full of 3rd party, the only sim that`s can close to is Msfs."You got a good point there Chris. I wonder if there will ever be a sim like that. Good weather, great scenery, good FM's it can be done because of what we have before us. There needs to be a developer willing to listen to the people and make it happen.

Hi David, "There needs to be a developer willing to listen to the people and make it happen."It's not really the developer but waiting for time for new hardware technologie.More you want realism more higher hardware needed, It will need 512 ram 1 gig 3d video cards to start be more accurate world wide with more texture loaded to prevent repetitive texture, using 512x512 or 1024x1024 size texture to handle better the ground from higher altitude and acceptable frame rate. For CIVIL sim only, others sim do not need these huge card, the area based on small area they can do it now.Weather engine in fs2004 is probably the best available to date even if there is still some anomalie, I have yet to see this in others sim, unlimited 3d clouds layers, clouds that's reach higher altitude many clouds types, stratus blending in the sky and the ground, tons of clouds in the sky. Looking for more fs2006 improvement like adding particle inside the clouds, visual is not a problems, full customizible.If you looks some simulation rendered video, it's exceed all sim available in the market by far and they are near the reality, but you can only watch it no play it.Now we have 256 meg on card, maybe the 512 MB card will be available for fs2006, video card that's have 512MB with new feature and better CPU to handle more accuracy on larger texture and others things world wide, having a limited area is way much more easier to create than the entire worlds wide with all airports, worlds wide taxi way, worlds wide light, worlds wide ground, worlds wide coastline data, worlds wide water color and depth, worlds wide Nav data, worlds wide AI traffic, worlds wide airports data, worlds wide scenery, worlds wide water etc, worlds wide 3rd party, CIVIL sim are based on worlds wide information and data. I only expect these feature included from CIVIL sim not others type of sim they never use worlds wide information from any feature.ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Guest Miro Majcen

ok guys, let's leave this thread where it is now..we'll get some more screenshots posted soon for everyone to enjoy :) MiroMiro MajcenSenior Managing EditorAVSIM Onlinewww.avsim.com