Sign in to follow this  
Guest gasebah

Aerobatics explained?

Guest gasebah

Hi guys,you have to love the SF260. Just when FS2002 was in danger of getting a little boring to me ( I even found myself in front of the TV one evening instead of flying) I found a new challenge.But: the explanations of the aerobatic maneuvers in the manual are a little thin. Is there a good website or maybe a book which goes a little more deep? Flying from the VC with trackIR most of the time it would be especially important for me how to check if the manouvre is excecuted properly from the inside of the plane, rather than in spot view. Or e.g. how do I use the rudder during a 4stop barrel roll etc.etc.Any suggestions?Alex

Here is a web site. Click on Stick & Rudder. You can also do a search for "snap rolls".http://dorseyaero.com/I myself, tend to execute the manuver from the "outside", but then I was once on an R/C showteam............so why not! :) Of course 4 and 8 point rolls would work well from within the VC cockpit.L.Adamson

Don't forget that there are aerobatic lessons in FS2002 itself. A bit simplified but a starting point anyway.