Sign in to follow this  

Bumpy taxiways problems

If you're having problems with bumpy taxiways causing the aircraft to "crash" please report them here. Page C Cline will do his best to create a fix for them.Please be as specific as you can regarding the position of the taxiway.Regards,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I see this message is doing well in the readme contest! If you want to e-mail Page direct here's his address: -pageruthcline@msn.comCheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Lots of problems with this using Airport 2000 vol. 3, especially at Orly using POSKY aircraft. ThanksJohn-PaulToronto

Barry,It's true that a lot of addon sceneries have the problem. I've caused them myself. I can't modify any of the addon sceneries (ain't proper: they're copyrighted) but I can create a small file that just might correct the problem. Just add it to the addon scenery folder.Give me the list of the airports and I'll see what I can do. Goes for the rest of you too.Hope I'm not opening a Pandora's box here.

Paris CDGParis ORLYCopenhagen KASTRUPBerlin TEGELLondon GATWICKDenver InternationalSan Francisco InternationalSeattle TACOMALondon Heathrow

>Barry, >>It's true that a lot of addon sceneries have the problem. >I've caused them myself. I can't modify any of the addon >sceneries (ain't proper: they're copyrighted) but I can >create a small file that just might correct the problem. >Just add it to the addon scenery folder. >>Give me the list of the airports and I'll see what I can do. > Goes for the rest of you too. >>Hope I'm not opening a Pandora's box here. Brisbane InternationalBarry

To all of you:Please include in your list the Airport Code as used in FS2002. Makes it easier to find the airport in the "go to airport" section. I ain't as world-traveled as a lot of you!Thx

Paris CDG LFPGParis ORLY LFPOCopenhagen KASTRUP EKCHBerlin TEGEL EDDTLondon GATWICK EGKKDenver International KDENSan Francisco International KSFOSeattle TACOMA KSEALondon Heathrow EGLL

Rogue Valley Int'l (KMFR)All taxiways in FS2000 were smooth at KMFR. Since then, runway 14-32 was lengthened and taxiway A that runs parallel to the extension on 14 is bumpy in FS2002. This might be a good case to compare the taxiway properties at the rest of the airport to the new section to determine what is causing the bumps. It just might apply to all new taxiways added in FS2002.I've attached a diagram showing the bumpy taxiway as a dashed line.

Bruce,I discovered this myself when doing some scenery. When MS put in their taxiways, they were, as a rule smooth. The rest of the scenery that wasn't aprons, taxiways and runways was very often considered as "dirt" and your aircraft responded that way. When scenery designers created new taxiways, aprons, etc, over the dirt, they forgot to "harden" the areas under them. That's what I'm attempting to do. I've added KFMR to my list.So far, I've done about 6 airports (YBBN, LFPO, CYXU, TNCM, PHNY, and LFPG). The people who want them have to send me an e-mail so I can send the fixes to them. I can't send attachments to this forum. My e-mail address is pageruthcline@msn.com