Sign in to follow this  

The gauges are gone

Yes, that is right. The second view on pressing the "W" key will give you the gauges only on the bottom of the screen. Mine have disappeared. I do not know how or why. They were working okay. Downloaded a third party aircraft and did not mess with the .cfg of fs2002 and now that particular view is gone from all aircraft, third party and default. Any ideas?

Please excuse me if this seems rather obvious, but have you tried contacting the 3rd party maker?Absent that, your post doesn't even begin to give enough information. If I didn't have a vicious head cold, I might be able to offer suggestions, but I'm drawing a blank right now, sorry. --BeachComer Stephen "Beach" Comer Real World Pile-it Commercial ASMEL, Instrument Airplane 4500 TT, 2500 BE20 & BE10

Hi N270PD,Not sure thats correct, unless you have described it wrongly.From the main cockpit view when you press the W key the first time you receive a large forward view with a line of gauges along the bottom of the screen.When you press the W key a second time you remain with the large forward view but the line of gauges will have disappeared.Pressing W a third time will return you to your main cokpit view.So with you saying that on the second view on pressing the W key the gauges have all gone, that is what is supposed to happen, well it does on mine anyway.RegardsPeter.

Yeah, not sure what you mean for sure, is it in all planes?

You or the program you downloaded (a gauge cleaner??) has deleted or moved the file under aircraft called "default".This is the master panel folder, if you will, for the minipanel which you describe as missing.Check your aircraft folder for the folder named "default". copy it back from the disk or find it if you moved it and your minipanel gauges will be restored.

I've had this happen twice before. One is only able to toggle between full panel and no panel (with no line of gauges visible). Somehow, both times I was able to get it to reappear. However, on neither occaision could I figure out exactly what caused it, or what caused it to reappear...except for the install or uninstall of some third party plane or guages. I could never isolate it, or reproduce it. I'm pretty sure the last time I got them to come back had to do with installing some sort of gauge package from the AVSIM library that affected the gauges that show up in that view by default. Now they are back, and I cross my fingers each time I install a new plane (well, not literally...I've never found finger crossing to do much good, but you get my point). Oddly enough, even reinstalling the default gauges from the CD's didn't have any effect. If you find the answer, please post it here so I can fix it again if (when) it happens again!Jesse

Yes okay..I have that file for this very reason. Just did not know where to find the missing gauges. And once again, it is when you hit the "W" key once. The first click will give you the mini panel with just gauges on the bottom of the screen. I use to land most of the time. An additional click will bring up full screen no panel. I am missing the view with just the gauges. I will restore the default files from my back up and see if that works. If it does, I will email yall on the result. Here's hoping...