Sign in to follow this  
Guest KenG

download real weather - Problem...

Dear Simmers,It was raining hard over Switzerland yesterday and I decided to fly from Geneva (LSGG) to Malpensa (LIMC) in Italy. I downloaded the real weather (through the weather option in FS 2002) and what a surprise, it was sunny over LSGG (no clouds at all....).Did anyone experienced this before ?Thanks for your inputSro

For me the weather is accurate most of the time; however around the areas of France and Switzerland, it's always clear weather and altimeter 2992 for some reason. Probably some bug.Kitty MercuryCathay Pacific Virtual Pilot (CX252)

Hi Kitty,OK, thanks for your input.....The only thing I have left is to imagine there are clouds when I fly over Switzerland..... (;-)Sro "The dry Simmer..."

jeah....as my base is LSZH or SLMD i also like to play army-pilot and fly from payerne. but i get clouds and rain over switzerland. just its never according to the REAL wether :(greez -L-

I Always get weather at LSGG (?).... However, fly 10nm North and it goes... There are pockets of no weather around the Geneva area but most of it is covered. My biggest problem is heading towards paris the whole are has no weather at all..... however, If you do a "goto" LFPG there is weather for about 5 seconds then it disapears again...I've no idea why this happens.. its the same with fsuipc and without... I would love to be able to fix this.:-)Pete

Thanks for your inputs.Just a question Mark. What is concretely FS Meteo ? In other words, does FS Meteo allow you to download real METAR files, and maybe the most important thing, are you able to fly with real meteo conditions around LSGG area ?I am a newbie with FS 2002 (Former Fly 2! simmer)Regards from SwitzerlandSro

Suggest you go to www.fsmeteo.com, Sro, and read all about it. I think you'll be impressed. It makes Alpine flying a completely new experience. Luckily, you often have a lot of good weather up there too!Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitak.htmlhttp://www.swiremariners.com/reds.htmlhttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitakv3.jpg

Thanks Mark,I've done so and honestly I am really impressed by the product !!! Why didn't you ask FS Meteo guys to pay you a commission on product sales ??I am looking forward getting back home to download FS Meteo.... Thanks againRegards from the sunny SwitzerlandSro

FSMETEO is a payware but, still worth the price. I have it and was a bit hesitant to purchase it at first. Said what the heck, and got it. Well worth the price. If for no other reason to get the destination airport winds for which runway to line up for. The only hitch is..I have not heard any thunder claps while flying through a thunderstorm. But still, worth the price and experience to get.

hmm.... i just tried the "personal weather maker". quite fun. just produces weather randomly. i realy like it. worth a try anyway :Dgreez.L.

Guest KenG

That's interesting that you don't get thunder claps. I see lighting and thunder all the time with FSMeteo. I do a lot of flying in my home location (Central Florida) and we get thunderstorms every day during the summer.Has this only occurred with the most recent version (5.2)? I haven't spent enough time with that version to see any thunderstorms, but I know the previous versions had no problems.