Sign in to follow this  

Two active runways - strange behaviour

Hi all,This behaviour is occurring at Congonhas (Brazilian airport).This airport has 2 parallel runways: 17R/35L (default active runway) and 17L/35R. The runway 17R/35L is bigger than runway 17L/35R and the 17L end is the unique end equipped with ILS.I would like to have the 2 runways in use: 17R/35L for landings and 17R/35L for departures, so I opened AFCAD (version 1.2.2), selected the Congonhas airport and do the following:* Double-click on runway 17R/35L* Check the 'Closed for Takeoff' checkboxes for both ends of this runway* Double-click on runway 17L/35R* Check the 'Closed for Landing' checkboxes for both ends of this runway* Save and run FS2K2Ok, so what I saw?I have aircrafts landing at 17R (ok, this is right) but I have aircrafts departing at 35R :-hmmm. How it is possible (landings at opposite direction than departures?)I appreciate your comments and suggestions.Arlei

Maybe the weather is different? :-hmmmLike if I go to Taipei RCTP, the weather for runway 5L/23R is different from that for runway 6/24 (and there is no runway 5R/23L). Yes, it's stupid... So if I decided to modify RCTP with AFCAD, maybe what you described would happen... Just a possibilityKitty MercuryCathay Pacific Virtual Pilot (CX252)

Hi Kitty,Thank you for your reply.I think this possibility is off.My FS2K2 runs globally without any weather (winds at 0 kts, maximum visibility, clear sky etc.).

For better understand, take a look at the screenshot belowThanks,Arlei