Sign in to follow this  
Guest jase439

60 knot crosswind landing?!?!?!?!?!?!

Guest Skedflyer

This problem has occurred 3 times in the past couple of months on Vatsim using FSmeteo, As I

This has occurred a few times to me as well particularly when flying JFK and KBOS , if I remember well 2 or 3 days ago I had to struggle with 85 kn crosswinds , I tried to cleared the weather but it didn

I think what you should make sure you've done, is this:Use VATSIM weather for your downloaded weather. This is found under preferences in FS Meteo. Default is "FS Meteo" weahter and it's usually slightly different then VATSIM's.Second, under options in Squawkbox, check the "Ignore real world weather" in squawkbox. Sounds wrong, but what you're doing is telling squawkbox not to import it's weather as you're already getting it from FS Meteo.That should help the major wind shifts.

Guest Skedflyer

I have always have Vatsim weather as Ignore .I did contact Marc, and he belive it to be a bug in 2002, but it just seems so strange,like it will intentionaly :-sae do everything to prevent you from landing . Thanks guys

You might want to change the update time of FS Meteo from the default of 6 minutes to something like 15 minutes. That gives you less chance of an update while you're on final.

Hey, that's exactly what i've gotten in my last three flights. Never used FSMeteo before, and never experinced this problem before. I wrote Marc, and he believes is a FS2002 BUG. The last time, i started suspecting this was going to happen, because when i was at 3000 feet, winds were from 60 knots , so i shot down fs meteo, reset weather, and the winds were still there. I tried rapidly to download realweather from default FS weather, and although wind were "calm"(In the weather menu), i still had those 60 knots, but for my surprise, they suddenly turned 180

By any chance do you have the "Set Airport Destination" checkbox ticked? I've never experienced this problem. --BeachComer Stephen "Beach" Comer Real World Pile-it Commercial ASMEL, Instrument Airplane 4500 TT, 2500 BE20 & BE10

Dennis, Michael and Fred:Same thing happened to me just last night while turning final to runway 27 at Duluth, Minnesota under overcast skies and with a light crosswind. It seemed like no matter what I did, I couldn't line up with the runway / ILS. I wasn't on VATSIM, but I was using FSMeteo (always do!). Didn't know what to make of it until I read your posts today. And here I thought it might have been the Marrietta Zinfindel!http://www.airliners.net/open.file/271397/MAlex ChristoffN562ZMinneapolis, MNThermobulb@aol.com

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

hi alex, i have talked to marc and after having looked into it he's thinking that It's an fs2002 bug and it's random...i know it can be quite annoying.Henry. CYXT

Guest jase439

You can use FSUIPC to set the maximum surface wind speed which I usually set to 25-30 knots. This should trump any spurious surface wind data fed to you by FSMeteo.J