Sign in to follow this  
Guest eko

Helicopter Tutorial?

I am having the hardest time flying any chopper in FS2002. I can't get them to hover, and directional control is nerve-racking. I haven't landed safely yet, on terra firma or water :-(Is there any tutorial material either on the FS2002 CD (I have looked on it to no avail) or online?- Jeff

Guest eko

The tutorials are good, very good, but you will just have to practice a LOT too. Helo's were so fustrating for me when I first started with them (FS98), so much so, that I didn't try them at all in FS2000. I went back to the practice board and started trying them again in FS2002.I had a breakthrough in flying them when I purchased my CH Rudder Pedals. All of a sudden, I was in control of the Helo instead of the other way around. :-)Don't know if you have rudder pedals or not, but helo's with autocoordination turned on are much more difficult to fly, IMHO. These babys are MEANT to be flown with rudder pedals.I you have ANY interest in flying helos, you owe to yourself to invest in a set of rudder pedals. (I know, I know... it's all about money for new toys!) :-)