Sign in to follow this  

Classical Music

Liszt - Sonata in B minor, Etudes Transcendentales, Hungarian Rhapsodies, Paganini Etudes, etc. Sometimes some Chopin ones too, but still largely piano music.Kitty MercuryCathay Pacific Virtual Pilot (CX252)

I respect your view absolutely.But the almost mathematical purity and abstract beauty of Bach's music is, to me, a reasonable indication of the presence of a higher being.I realise this has little to do with simming.... :-) and I apologise to those who don't share my perspective :-) :-)Peace

As i am also a classical musician in a symphony orchestra here in Halifax,i don't listen to classical music for relaxation.But i do enjoy very much the music of John Williams(the movie composer).Most of the time though i'd rather hear the sound of the engines.Good topic Richard

... by being in the compnay of so many clasically schooled and educated music lovers...I don't have the patience to listen to music anymore.... guess its one of the many bad things that come out of being in the corporate rat race AND trying to spend time on a hobby like this.Or it could very well be me being an absolute culture barbarian (as my wife seems to think.. she likes classic). :-)The closest I can get to it is listening to the likes of Manuel de la Plata, Andreas Segovia and Chat Atkins.... having played classical guitar myself.... many many years ago..... ;-)But.... when flying my DC-3 I turn the sound UP !!!!!! :-jumpy :-outta Francois :-wave[table border=0 cellpadding=10 cellspacing=0][tr][td valign=bottom" align="center]"At home in the wild"[/td][td valign=bottom" align="center][link:avsim.com/alaska/alaska_052.htm|Don's Alaskan Bush Charters]"Beavers Lead the Way"[/td][td valign=bottom" align="center][link:www.avsim.com/vfr_center/mainpages/vfr_flights_main_page.htm]VFR Flight Center]"Looking Good Outside"[/td][/tr][tr][td valign=top" align="center]http://avsim.com/hangar/air/bfu/logo70.gif[/td][td valign="top" align="left" colspan=2]http://www.fssupport.com/images/moose2.gif[/td][tr][/table]________________________Francois A. "Navman" DumasAssociate Editor &Forums AdministratorAVSIM Online![/bemail: fdumas@avsim.com________________________

Francois A. 'Navman' Dumas

Posted Image

EuropeRides

... and the man's Blog

Guest JonP01

>I wouldn't be surprised if the Scarampella goes for even >more than that-a terrific make! Yes-music and flying I think >have a lot in common-and in both if you screw up you can die >(or feel like it)! :-lol Geof, I can absolutely relate to that comment. The battle of nerves was actually one of the reasons I felt the career would have been beyond me. btw, I am still proud to say that Ivan Galamian and Arthur Grumiaux were my "grand" teachers.

Really? Galamian was my mom's teacher too. Both my parents are violinists in an orchestra here in Germany.Misha

Right on, Bones. I particularly like Piano Concerto #3 when playing while flying the Russian far east (Vladivostok to Khabarovsk, Magadan to Kamchatskiy etc.)in the Il-86.>A bit out of favour these days but I still enjoy >Rachmaninov. Did anyone ever discover the truth of the >dedication (Romans XII) on the manuscript? >>Corelli should be given more attention too. >>At the moment I'm listening to some symphonies by Leopold >Kozeluh, previously unknown to me but pleasant listening.

Moth et al....That 2001 sound track is Strauss I believe....Also Spach Zaruthstra, or something like that......always nice to fly to when your on approach to a busy metro center like NYC or Chicago in a heavy jet full of anxious passengers. Alex ChristoffN562ZMinneapolis, MNThermobulb@aol.com

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

Wow!Thanks for all the replies to date...I didn't think that so many people flew with music ;(8!!! I'm glad the question was asked. It's certainly interesting finding out a little more about the communities musical tastes. We seem to have a very diverse bunch of favourites thus far!Cheers all, :-beerchugMothEGLL

Currently again and again Bach's concerto for two violins d minor (minor? That correct in English? :-hmmm) *:-*. Well maybe just coz I'm currently playin' it ;(8 in the orchestra... :-hah Just great!! And mostly N. Kennedy (some crazy dude, eh? :D).Etienne :-wave

You must know Grumiaux's recording of the Franck sonata. An all-time favorite of mine. Icy stuff. I mean that in a good way. Among contemporaries, Hilary Hahn has some of that same coldness. I mostly agree with you about the current generation but in her case am impressed, in spite of the hype.