Sign in to follow this  
Dark Moment

FS/PC crash mystery. What is going on....?

In recent days I have started testing performance using my POSKY 744s and 777s. These a/c seem to run at lower frames than just about anything else except for the HJG 707 series. However whereas the HJG jets seem stable, I have experienced a number of FS crashes (including that "Do you want to report this incident to Microsoft?" dialogue) and screen freezes, often using POSKY a/c although not exclusively so. Tonight, the screen froze using a POSKY 777 on takeoff and then I was unable to even turn off the PC because the ON/OFF button did not react. This never happened before. I turned off the PC at the surge protector and rebooted and everything works fine now.I know that there are sometimes heat issues with video cards but surely I can't have a heat issue with a factory standard DELL P4 and Ti-4600 card?I must confess, I have also continued to fiddle with settings in the video card and wonder whether my frequent fiddling (which will end soon, I promise!) upsets the PC in some way and then it crashes or freezes to spite me (?)Any ideas or advice on this new phenomenon appreciated, thanks!JS